Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does or has anyone seen Dr.Benbrahim MD,CT ~ Midstate Med Center

Hi there I have reached my Midway and will be meeting with the Dr. but i Have no idea what to expect and the office staff seem to always rush me off the phone everytime I call. I have to attended 6 mos of food counsling before ins. will clear me that will put me to Nov 5th. Once that is done how quickly does everything else go?:sleep2::Banane37:

Hey Heather,

How are you? I'm kind of in the same boat (and same doctor), but a little behind you

. I've had two nutrition classes, have third and pschyc eval in two weeks. Good luck to you. I'm thinking mine will not happen until early next year. Since we are using the same place would you keep me posted how you're doing?

Barb

Would love to keep in touch. I have my Mid-way consult with the dr. on Monday. I've had some struggles with the diet this week My Oldest Daughter is leaving for college and my nerves have been such a mess I haven't had the time to go to the gym or eat right this week. But back on track tomorrow. How is the Dietician you work with? Karen they lady who will do your psch exam is WONDERFUL I love her to pieces. I go for my last nutrition meeting on Sept 10th then I will attend this 6 week meeting called "For the Health of it" each week there is a new topic about behaviors , triggers, exercise etc. It was only 35.00 and I figured hey it's a great way of keeping me on track.

I'm having trouble losing the pre-op weight, in fact I have even gained a couple of pounds in spite of doing WW online and trying to get in some excercise, so that part is a little discourgaging. The doctor would like me to loose 27 lbs. before surgery.

Yes, I only met Karen briefly but she seems like someone who is very caring and takes her job seriously. I was a little concerned about what all the psych eval would entail and how we could have something to talk about for two hours, but sounds like you had a good experience and I'm glad to know that. I work with Anne Young for the diet part and she is also terrific. The seminar you mention is one I was considering. If I attend I'll be sure to make it a point to meet you.

Well it sounds like you are well on your way Heather. I wish you all the best. I check in here daily so I look forward to "talking" to you more. I want all the details. :biggrin: And I hope you are dealing OK with your daughter being away for college.

Take care,

Barb

Wow has today been a tough day:cursing: :crying:Between my daughter at college and my appointment didn't with Dr. B didn't go as planned. I am struggling with this post of weight. I went in low and now I'm up to 262 again i need to be at 250 before I can do the pre-op diet. Dr. B said get on the sleep Apnea mask and I will sleep better and loose weight so my fingers are crossed.

I like you have struggled I meet with Dietician and eat very very well maybe a cheat here or there but for the most part I'm 100%. I exercise 4 days a week and I don;t get off that Treadmill till I have burned minimum of 350 calories. I was heartbroken when I Stepped on the scale.:rolleyes:

On the SUNNY SIDE of things I got clearence to book my Cardioligist appt, Gastro & Pulmonary appts and I go for 2nd study on Sep 7th. I just have to get 10 LBS OFF!!!

Ughh! I feel your pain. It will be embarassing for me to see the nutritionist again and have no weight loss. My mid-point appt with the doctor will come before long.

I'm sorry your day did not go so well. Stress doesn't help the situation either, I'm sure. So they are letting you set up your appointments. Maybe you will be able to go ahead with the surgery if you lose the rest of the weight on the pre-op diet. If you are exercising a lot, maybe you are building muscle which will not show on the scale. I've had that happen to me before. Eventually, the weight loss will kick in. Keep up the great work!

Is it Sept 4 you go for the endoscopy?

Thanks for the inspiration it's great to talk with someone who is going through the same thing with the same dr. the Gastro dr. is a consult and he will schedule the endo for me. everyone says it's easy the put you to sleep and you just wake up with a sore throat. Karen was there when I talked with Dr. B and she was very encouraging and told me to stay focused and Dr. B said that it's a tough season right now and it will get better. What Season isn't tough we have Fair season, then Halloween then Thanksgiving then Christmas ...lol...Wiring my mouth shut would be easier.

Hi Heather,

Just your stress test and cardiogram to go? Fantastic! Endoscopy was okay then?

I saw Dr. Benbrahim today for the midpoint. I have gained about 4 lbs since I started. He says "you know what to do." I started a swimming aerobic class at Faulkner's physical therapy in Wallingford last week. I really enjoyed it. It was great to move around and be active without gravity cramping my style. Think I'll go again tomorrow. How is the treadmill work going?

I'll probably have surgery in January or February. Taking more than a day off here and there before the end of the year won't due. It is our "crunch" time.

Barb

Hi You, Yes gotta love it when the scale is not so kind to us !!! It's been tough as you know staying on track. My last appt with Lisa the nutrtionist I told her i'm tired of " Food" I'm tired of the same things over and over!!! She told me to stay positive and keep going... so I went home and took a week off.. NO COUNTING NO MEASURING and I still did good but the pressure was off. So now I'm back on track again trying to get these last stubborn 7 lbs off so I can be at what he wants for Surgery!! I had then Endoscopy done and they found a medium size hernia...go figure... Dr. White is unsure what Dr. B wants to do... they may have to fix the Hernia at the time they do the band. I have my appt with Lisa next week and then my last one will be in November. Karen Darley called and I have my Pre-Surgery class at the Hospital in 2 weeks and the only things left are the Stress Test & Echo Cardiograhm. Then I'm done so by the 1st-2nd week of November I will be done. I'm really hoping to get the Lap Band for Christmas. Where are you in the scheme of things?

Wow, that is GREAT! You are sure moving right along. I have appt for chest xray and abdominal ultrasound next Tues. I need to get checked out by pulmonologist and get the cardiac stress test. No one said anything about the endoscopy yet, unless it's the gastroenterologist that does that. I have to see a PT about an exercise program. I'm starting to form all these questions. Need to start writing them down. It sounds like you will be able to go in December for your surgery. I told Dr. B that my insurance looks for a 3 - 6 mos diet/exercise/psycho program and he offered up December, so sounds like it's do-able. I can't take time off though until last half of Jan or later. You're having lap band, right? How long do you plan to be off work? I had the idea I only needed to be off a week. Not sure if that's right. Are you going to the Oct 7 open meeting?