Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dairy Challenge

Things are too slow here today, so let's stir up some new threads! I've been hearing a lot of commercials lately about how dairy products help the body lose weight. I just bought a bunch of dairy products, and even the Yoplait Yogurt says, "Recent research shows that dairy foods may help you burn more fat and lose more weight than counting calories alone."

The commericials say to get in 4 servings. Anyone else care to join my daily dairy challenge? I'm having a glass of milk with pills for Breakfast, a cup of yogurt a couple hours later, cheese with lunch, and darn, looks like I'll have to force an ice cream down for dinner.< /p>

Every time we want evil diet soda we should drink (gag) skim milk. I'm going to buy a half gallon for my work fridge.

I need to drink more milk,

the commerical even says it helps reduce symptoms of PMS and I need that in a big way! and if it says it will help in wieght loss too.WOW I'm in!

2% here. I can do the 1%, but lets' just justify it that I have young children in the house and THEY need the extra calories/fat or whatever else is bad in the whole milk. so we compromise.

I'm in! 4 servings a day, two of which will be good ole plain ole MILK. The other servings, cheese or ice cream. :(

On Mondays I always bring in half gallon whole milk to eat with my Fiber Cereal every morning.

But I can definetly work in more dairy tonight (banana split) sounds might good right now.

I don't recall ever seeing 1%, but I'm going to look. Skim milk is clear so I'd have to gag it down. I wonder if the Weight Watchers ice cream bars are a real dairy product?

I think they are, but I think they are artificially sweetened if I remember right. You are probably better off going with the no sugar added ones. I have to go read lables again now!

I can't do non-fat. It's a wolves thing.

Ice cream.... mmmmmmmmm

cheese..... mmmmmmmmmm

But since when do we believe what commericals say? Their only purpose is to make you buy something.

I thought it was a ploy from the Dairy Counsel as well. However, I don't mind making cows rich since I adore them, so I'll go along with this one.

"making cows rich..." I imediately flashed on cows in haute cature... fabulous wraps and fabulous sparkly cow jewlery, and blue eyeshadow.... Dior bags...

It is Friday?

Just checking: is one serving of milk 8 ounces? How much cheese and ice cream is a serving?

I agree about the marketing Crystal, BUT, and I read this in the Readers Digest so it HAS to be right (hehe) that daily dairy intake (I think it said 3-4 servings a day?) helps you lose weight. Does that settle it? NOT!

Close enough for me. I could use the milk.

I'm in for it...Hey did you know one helping of string cheese has 8g of Protein and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese has 13g of protein. That's not a bad way to kill two birds with one stone :)

Re: Skim milk, there's something called Skim Plus, which supposedly has the consistancy, not clear, Lisa, of reg. milk, but the fat content (none) of skim. I myself prefer 1%.

Besides milk, I eat ricotta cheese (part skim) mixed w/oatmeal. I know, sounds gross, but I love it. I do whole wheat crackers w/1% cottege cheese and try to eat low-fat cheese w/my scrambled egg.