Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Even Sipping water makes be burp is this normal

Hi I am 6 days post op the pain has subsided a lot in the port area but the gas is really getting me down. I don't think its the gas from the surgery as I don't get it unless I drink.

Still on fluids for another week, does any body know why I am getting trapped gas and burping after even one sip of Water. As the day goes on it gets worse and worse and more and more difficult to pass.

Can any body help or tell me if this stops as I cannot go back to work in a week and keep burping out loud like a man.

Any advise or same experience would be so good!!

Carden

I think this happened to me for a little while after surgery and again after fills. I don't recall how long, but it did go away after a while.

Hi I am 6 days post op the pain has subsided a lot in the port area but the gas is really getting me down. I don't think its the gas from the surgery as I don't get it unless I drink.

Still on fluids for another week, does any body know why I am getting trapped gas and burping after even one sip of Water. As the day goes on it gets worse and worse and more and more difficult to pass.

Can any body help or tell me if this stops as I cannot go back to work in a week and keep burping out loud like a man.

Any advise or same experience would be so good!!

Carden

I had terrible gas after the operation and had the same problem. I am now three weeks post op and it has gone away. Hope that helps.

Catherine

I had my surgery 7-25 and I also noticed the constant belching after taking in anything. It's now 2 weeks later and it has gone for the most part. Every once in awhile a good one comes out unexpectedly and of course my brother's just love that! HA!:)

I have had it since banding to be honest with you. However, it is not loud or noticeable to many people other than me, unless I have a glass of Water and lay down. Somehow a prone position makes it worse.

A sip of Water is enough to make it happen but I do have tight restriction now. It is not really a big deal, just part of life post banding. A few silent burps are worth a curvaceous, attractive physique :0)

I was told not to use straws....

And everytime you take a sip of something you swallow air...that's why when you drink Water you burp

thanks for your replies it helps to know its normal, guess I will know soon enough if it is going to subside.

Cazden x

Hello,

I was banded in October 2007. I remember having terrible gas and gas pains for about 2 weeks after surgery. The first week was the worst week. I had to take a few "breaks" at work because I was so uncomfortable. But, don't worry...It does go away.

Now I just get a little burpy after fills but usually when I drink or eat. It's pretty mild though. It's a bit awkward at work, but I just try to keep them quiet.

Hope you feel better soon!

I find that if I drink too fast, doesn't matter if I take a sip or a gulp, I burp. I just need to remember to take it slow and I'm fine.