Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 5th Banders

Banded August 5th....anyone else on that day?

Hanging in there little bored sitting around and taking it easy. I am walking around allot. Wonering whats ahead after the first week.

I was banded August 5th as well. How are you feeling so far? I'm doing really well, and feeling better every day. I'm planning on going back to work on Tuesday, which should be fine as long as I get up and walk around every once in a while. What are you drinking/eating so far? I find I get full fast, but I can eat a bit of chicken as long as I chew it really well. I can't STAND the Protein powders, so I thought I would try some chicken and have had no problems with it!

Okay how are you eating chicken? lol

I was told the first week just liquids.....I have been eating just Jello (sugar free) and fudge bars (sugar free) and rinking cranberry watered down and crystal light....that is it. What were you aloud your first week? My Protein Powder and shakes start Wed after I go see the doctor.

My doctor won't let me back to work until next Monday. Wow

I am feeling good....I just have a pulling feeling on my left side I guess thats were the band is and it hurts laying down then getting back up. Feels like it's going to come out of my skin sometimes....I put ice on it at least three times a day. Still taking my pain meds I throb. My stomach has gone down so much which is nice. Now do you have any feelings were the band is? Where the port is? Next week I am aloud to have (everything sugar free) pudding, cottage cheese, fruit, applesauce, my Protein Shakes and powder etc. The third week I can have eggs, chicken and more stuff like that but in a food processor. It's the 4th week I can go chunky lol So what is your diet then?

Lisa

My starting weight was 215 lbs and I want to get down to 130 lbs too lol

:) Yes, well my diet wasn't exactly supposed to be chicken the first week! LOL. They said liquids and purees for the first couple of weeks, and solids after that, but I have read so many different things from so many different doctors, and so I figured I would see what was best for me. As long as I feel fine, then I guess it's probably alright. Having said that I'm being really careful, and when I say a bit of chicken, I mean no more than a teaspoon. And I chew it until it's basically pureed before I swallow it anyway. My surgeon told me that if I can suck it up through a straw it should be fine (within reason of course - he wasn't talking about blended chocolate bars!)

Today I had oatmeal for Breakfast, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese for lunch, and about 1 cup of Tomato Soup.

How are you feeling today? That's great that we have the same weight loss goal!

Tracey

Oh ok lol I was like wow...I want to eat chicken lol

Anyway Tuesday is a week since my surgery. So today I decided that I can start mushy food until Aug 27th.....the diet the doctor gave me from the hospital has stages....first stage just ended. I am on stage 2 for 2-3 weeks. Which is mushy foods...I had 1 egg scrabbled this morning and ate half of it and my cat finished the rest. I had fat free cottage cheese and peaches in the food processor for lunch. Free free pudding for snack. dinner I had mashed potato small with veggies and grilled piece of chicken (Small) put it in the food prcessor cover almost with fat free/low soduim chick broth and I ate that and have some for lunch tomorrwo...I would say about 1/3 cup full. Had a fat free fudge bar for snack and I drink all day. I did drop 6.6 lbs so far...and finally went to the bathroom. So I am at 208 lbs...very happy. My left side is sore though...need to put ice on it...I guess where the port is. I go to the Doctors on Wed and I am suppose to go back to work Thursday but the doctor wants me to go back on Monday next week. I'll see how I feel. Keep me posted on your progress it feels good to talk you know.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I think we're eating just about the same thing - just that I'm chewing to puree my food. There's something about chicken that I can pour out of a blender that I don't find that appetizing. :wink2:

You know I have pain on my left side too, but I think it's probably gas. I know that my port is at the front, about 4 or 5 inches down from my breast bone - I can just about feel it if I'm lying down. The surgeons told me that the port is located about an inch or so under the biggest incision you have, so that should give you an idea as to where yours is.

Today was pretty good, but I'm not that enthused about going back to work tomorrow. I may take off one more day, as one of my incisions is bothering me a little bit, and I think it should get a bit of airing! But I have to go back Wednesday as I have no sick time left, and my coworker is sick too so I can't imagine how much work will be piled up for me when I get there!

How are you doing with Protein Shakes. I think I told you I can't stomach them at all, but today I found some oven ready salmon, which has 25g of Protein per portion and is only 140 calories. That's what I'm having tomorrow, so that I can get in enough protein.

Congrats on your 6.6 pound loss. I weigh myself every morning on the Wii Fit, and every morning a cute little Wii voice tells me I'm obese! Oh well, not for much longer. I was 214 this morning, but I'm pretty sure I'll be about 98 pounds if I can ever go to the bathroom. Ok, not quite...

Take care, and let me know how you're doing,

Tracey

lol I have to laugh....you said WII Fit and that's what I weighted myself on yesterday to find out what I was. lol I love that little voice....too funny. I know I am suppose to have puree food but I am not making so mushy....it's not totally mushy but it's not lumpy. I just can't. I will go get some baby food but only the fruits. lol I can make my own but some of them are so good. lol Thanks I know that's my port now. It hurts the worse and I do have gas coming out but not too much at all. I'm not sure if I am feeling full.....I thought I did but last night when I ate dinner (mushy..grilled chick, veggies, mashed potato in chick broth in food processor) but then I didn't feel full. I only ate like 1/3 cup but I never really had a full feeling. Sometimes I think that the band isn't there. lol I think it's in my head. I'm not hungry like I usually am at all. Just the way I feel. I am so glad to have this band I can't stand the weight I put on I just want it off. I can't wait until the pounds start coming off. I bought a pair of Levis Jeans back in May size 12....before I even knew I would have this surgery.....lol now I am so glad I did and can't wait to wear them.

I don't want to go back now Thurs and Fri to work....I rather wait until Monday. But I know what you mean with the work piled up...it's not going to be pretty. Well the nurse should be here soon to check on me. With my husbands ins they have three visit with Home Care from the hospital which is cool. so I am so glad your are on here lol thanks

Lisa