Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i am having pain and i dont know if its gas or something serious... its a lot of pressure right under my brests.. when i breath in its a little painful.. i have been trying to force my self to burp.... anyone else have this issue after the surgery?

As your body gets used to the band you will have lots of gas pains, Constipation pains, and soreness around the port site and in the belly. These pains come and go. As long as you can eat and as long as the incisions don't look inflamed you are probably fine.

Yes, I had it real bad on about the third week believe it or not. It hurt to walk and especially to breath. I didn't feel much better when I was sitting. I went to my doctor as I was worried about a pulmonary clot. I had a cat scan and lot of other test. Bottom line just gas or muscle. It went away in a day or so. The worst part was the anxiety. Once I knew what it was I was okay. If it really starts to worry you call your doctor but it probably is just gas. I had gas really bad for a couple of weeks after surgery. I even had it in the shoulder and back on about the second day and that was really painful. Try and walk and be patient it will get better. I know I got very depressed because it seemed so bad and lasted so long for me. On about the 8 th day I could see light at the end of the tunnel.

Take Care

There are lots and lots of others who are posting over on the August 2008 Bandsters boards. C'mon over and introduce yourself to the 250+ band buddies there! Who's on your date? Who's in your state?

From the home page, scroll down the menu on the left and choose Monthly Lap Band Support Groups, then select August 2008.

Or, you can use this link: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f183/

You'll love it!

Hello,

So you finally got banded, congratulations! In answer to your question, yes I had that same heavy tightness feeling under the breast. Sometimes that feeling would even move upward a lil bit n took about 20 seconds or so until it felt a lil better. It finally went away after about 7 or 8 days. I have heard of people getting it back again for a lil while after you get a fill. Cant wait to get my first fill, I have no restriction right now, but still trying hard to stick to my 4 oz. per meal. Glad to see you got r done! Take care, Debbie:smile2:

i am one day post op and have the same pain. I'm assuming it is mostly gas, but I can feel it tighten up more after I drink something. I was surprised when my doc said that when we feel full it will be that high up (right under breasts) I guess I never thought of my stomach being up that high...i guess it makes sense. Good luck with everything