Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all... wondering.. what is the longest that anyone here has had the lap band? Does anyone know of statistics of success and/or complications over 10 years out? Thanks for your input!

Well not personal experience,even though I have done very well my 21/2 months being banded. A close friend was banded over 5 years ago when nobody in my town did the procedure. He was and still is highly addicted to sugar and sweets but thanks to the band and working out very hard is a slim person now. We compare storiesd,his addiction to sugar and sweets is far worse than any food addiction i know and experience and he is slim and doing great!

When he had the surgery it was not very much heard of surgery and was forced to go to Mexico...which is a decision he is actually happy to say he liked other than aftercare accessibility. But my Dr has recently taken him on as an aftercare patient for checkups and such.

All in all I can say he has had no complications that I know of and 5+ years of super successful banding. And unless you saw pics of him before you wold never know he was ever an obese person and he is my personal inspiration!

When I meet the nurse in my primary care drs office and told her that I wanted the band, she told me to do it and dont look back. She had it done 6 years ago. She was one of the first in my state (this is according to her). She is slim, eats when she wants and when she wants. She does not eat three meals a day, she picks threw out the day. She weighs herself every day and as long as she stays at her happy weight she doesnt worry about it. I asked her if there was anything she cant eat and she told me beef. Thats it. She can have bread now but couldnt the first few years out, its has to be toasted very well. She is very happy and told me she would do again in a heart beat.

Hope this helps.:thumbup:

The lap band has only been around for 5-6 years in the US. They have been doing it in other countries for over 10 years. There is not enough data to give long term effects if there is any. Especially here in the US, since its only been approved for 5-6 years. I would try and find someone on here from another country who has had it longer than someone in the US.

Hello,

Its way too early for me to be thinking about this because I haven't been banded yet, hopefully early Sept. I was wondering if there is anyone out there that has been been banded for awhile and became pregnant. How was the pregnancy with the band? Any issues with labor because you were banded? Again way to early for me to be thinking about this but it is a concern of mine down the road because I would like to have children.:)

Hello,

Its way too early for me to be thinking about this because I haven't been banded yet, hopefully early Sept. I was wondering if there is anyone out there that has been been banded for awhile and became pregnant. How was the pregnancy with the band? Any issues with labor because you were banded? Again way to early for me to be thinking about this but it is a concern of mine down the road because I would like to have children.:)

Look under the pregnancy forum. There is a lot of people who have been pregnant after banded. There is a lot of great information on this blogs. I would either search pregnancy and band, or there is an actual forum for it.