Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going to a seminar next week . . .

I'm new to the site and going to a seminar next week to see if lap band is for me and if my insurance with UHC Choice will cover the cost. I come from a big family that loves to eat and now my brain has lost the ability to tell me when I'm done . . .until my pants feel too tight and I feel sick. I'm a mother to a 10 month old and need to do something to change my life for myself and for my little girl. I have a slow thyroid and no energy as it is being 100+ over weight with a BMI of 40.3. I'm scared about what my future holds if I don't get in better health and feel like a failure for not being able to lose weight with Dr. Atkins, Scarsdale, Dr. Phil, cabbage Soup, Water only, South Beach, Weight Watchers, and of course Nutri systems . . . . :confused2:. I'm afraid to tell my family what I'm looking in to also I've mentioned it once and got the we love you the way you are and you should elect to have surgery just use your will power. I guess they don't realize it's bigger than willpower.

I had a hard enough time telling my hubby about the band. I have told my kids and his mom, but none of my family. I don't think they would understand and I really don't need the negitive crap that they would send my way. It has been hard telling my kids not to talk about this to any of my family, but since they are all out of twon from where we live that has made it easier. There are several people on this forum that have similiar stories so don't feel that you have to tell them. I do however feel that the people who live in the same house that you live in do need to know so that they can be helpful for you. It would also be very hard to hide this from people in the same house. Outside of that it is up to you who you trust enough to let in on such a personal issue. Good luck to you,

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches