Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is tomorrow 8/8/08 im really nervous but know this is the best thing for me at this time..Im having surgery at Ellis Hosp in Schenectady NY. Im 48 years old and Have been over weight most of my life.. alot of people ask why im doing this.. they dont understand how many diets ive been on and they dont work.. they dont know my medical conditions.. they dont know how sad i am when i see my grandchildren out playing and all i can do is sit and watch them.. SO i guess im here to find people who will understand me.. and share my experience with them as I go through this procedure.

Hi Peaches, and welcome to LBT! You sound like so many others. People just don't get how truly difficult it is to lose weight. You have made a wonderful choice for yourself. Please, whenever you need support and/or advice, don't hesitate to ask us. We all understand where you are coming from.

Good luck tomorrow. As soon as you are feeling up to it, let us know how everything went.

good luck tomorrow!! i was just banded monday. it really was a breeze compared to what i thought it would be. just think positive and it will all be over before you know it. i wish you luck and great success!!! :thumbup:

Congrats on your special day...band-day...welcome to this site..Full of happy, luck people with much encouragement...Smile...its almost time....Me, still waiting for a date..everything is done...

hi- Had my surgery 2 weeks ago- lost 18 lbs. still a little sore but it's amazing that I am not hungry-I'm 55 and so glad aI did this- just let your body tell you- and take those pain meds if necessary-and walk walk walk and sip Water constantly- you will do great

When were you able to return to work??? did you have to stay overnight in the hosp??How long before you went from clear liquids to full liquids?? I know alot of questions?

not too many questions.....ask away. my dr has me out for 2wks. i stayed overnight and went home the next morning after a upper gi test. and i have to be on a full liquid diet till my first post op appt next wed. then if everything is ok i can move on to mushies through my 1 month post op then solid food then on if all is ok. i do believe dr's tend to differ on when people can move on.

Hi Peaches, and WELCOME! No need for nerves, although I must admit that 5 weeks ago TODAY I was in your same shoes and having my Fiancee Michael try to calm me in the waiting room before they took me in to the OR.

My surgery was a HUGE sucess! My surgeon was done with the whole procedure within a hours time and I was home on my couch resting comfortably that same night. I had a little pain and soarness the first few days but I would say within a week I started feeling like my old self again. I'm five weeks out now and feeling GREAT! I have a little tenderness near the port location still by my surgeon has assured me that is normal.

Good luck to you and God Bless! I will say a little prayer for you...

hi I stayed overnite in the hospital- Was given Water in hospital went home on puree foods and Protein shakes-went back to work in 10 days but really did not feel great for 2 weeks- but I sat most of the time-Its now 2 1/2 wks and my energy is back-now on mushie foods and lst nite I had fish and potatoes for dinner- its really fabulous-