Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

fill with vomting

My doc says you should be on liquids for a day or 2 after a fill anyway, then slowly reintroduce solid foods again. If you find that you can't get back to solid food within a week, get half the last fill taken out. I just spent 2 weeks (coz I was out of town and couldn't get to the doc after a week) in misery from being too tight and I will never let that happen again! Being too tight is NOT fun. Still, it's only the first day for you, so give it a few days and see how it goes. Liquids is normal for this time for you.

Just wanted to let you know - I went to the doc today for an unfill. They took out 1/2 of what they put in Tuesday. Yesterday was the WORST DAY post surgery I ever had! Today, I'm back on track and feeling great!

You'll notice my ticker went down 6 pounds (in 2 days)- trust me when I say - that was the worst 6 pounds to loose throughout this journey. I'm thankful for all I read on this thread b/c it helped me urgently get in for an unfill. Thanks!

weight.png

Ok everyone... I have been here before and I seem to have the same questions over and over... I guess I am still having a HARD time transitioning. My brain wont cooperate with my tummy!! I had a SMALL fill yesterday (.2cc) I told my doctor that FOR me 4 weeks after a fill is when I start to feel like I can eat. As little as that is!! I am 5 months post op and down a wonderful 65lbs. The problem today is I was stupid to think I could tolerate something I could a week ago. (Chili!!) 2 spoonfuls and my day is RUINED!! anyway I have a few questions maybe some of you old time vets can help me with. First... what does being "swollen" after a fill feel like? how do I know if I am swollen and how do I know when to TRY solids? Next.. when I do have days like today( I pb'd those two spoonfulls btw) how do I make my tummy not feel so BLAH!!! AND I have such a hard time sipping!!! how do you MAKE yourself sip??!!! I am such a gulper I have a hard time not doing that!! How much time should I give the liquids b4 I re-attempt solids??

Please help!!!

~a much smaller Destynee~:smile2:

Hi, I was just wondering if your doing any better now? I have noticed that it takes me 2 good weeks to get over a fill. Then I'm fine and the weight starts coming off. When were you banded? I was banded 3-10-08 and I have lost 52lbs. now

Well It's a week today and I AM better. Still small amounts of liquids and small small amounts of food but I am not a UNHAPPY as I was last week. And BONUS I am down another 6 pounds. I am hoping that the next week will bring better results(eating). I was banded March 7th 2008!! so we are pretty close! KEEP IN TOUCH!!! I need banded friends!!! lol