Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New and starting 6 mo diet soon

Hello everyone...I'm new to the forum and I am FINALLY able to continue my Lap Band journey. I am 26, married, and the mommy to the most awesome 18-month old ever, Dean. I am also a Houston native, but I have family in NC and Louisiana.

I have been on my Quest for the past three years, and I have dealt with numerous insurance denials, doctor changes...you name it, I've dealt with it. My new job as a teacher has finally afforded me benefits that will cover the surgery, and after completing my 6 month diet requirement, I will have my surgery performed my Dr. Garth Davis (of Big Medicine fame).

I am excited, scared, and nervous, but I can't wait to begin my journey to good health.

congrats, wish I had ins to cover it. Mine only pays up to 5,000.00 with a 2500.00 ded. I too am just starting my 6 months. Good luck to ya

congrats, wish I had ins to cover it. Mine only pays up to 5,000.00 with a 2500.00 ded. I too am just starting my 6 months. Good luck to ya

Thanks for the support! My ins does cover it, but I do have to pay 3,000 out of pocket with a $500 deductible. (The hospital is going to try to bill it though.) Methodist is putting me on a pymt plan for the $3000, so it won't kill me. I'm nervous about my appt coming up on the 14th, but I'm ready. Fast food doesn't even taste right to me anymore---it's kinda weird, like my body is prepping for change. I'll be sure to post once I come from my appt. Best of luck to you, and keep me posted on your progress.

I'm just starting my 6 month diet, good luck with your new journey, I just hope the 6 month goes fast.

Congrats to all. I will be banded 9/9. I work in edu as well. Great ins benefits. The six mos diet will go quickly. I will only have to pay 100 copay for the hospital !

Hello and welcome and congrats! I am in month 4 of my 6 month. It's amazing how quickly it goes by. My surgery should be in November!

Good Morning,

I too am just starting my 6 mo. diet. The required classes I'm taking is teaching us to eat low cal and low fat. My first week I did pretty good. My second... not so good. I've already blown it a couple times this weekend. Time to pick up and move on. My problem is, from the diets I've been on in the past, my mind seems to be set more on a high Protein (lean proteins) and good carbs. Then when I go to class I get so confused because they are telling us to do something else.

What diet plans did anyone here do? What did you find worked best for you? I know these 6 months are to help get us moving in the right direction before surgery. "right mind set" "learn better eating habbits" etc. Any advise would be most appreciated.

Thank you

For you new 6 month supervised diet people I made a forum for us around 4 months ago. For everyone who has to do 6 months. :) There's the link if you want to check it out.

6 Month Supervised Diet People :) - Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum