Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not sure how much more of this life-changing stuff I can handle :)

Yesterday I walked into my weekly one-on-one with my manager and five second later our HR rep walked in. Uh oh. Turns out our group is undergoing a reorg and my position is going away. I have seven weeks to find a new position in the company then I'm on my own (the joys of a big company, at least!).

Tomorrow I get my lapband.

Which of these am I more freaked out about? Well, at least surgery seems like a walk in the park right now!

Good luck to all the other 7s out there, and wish me luck in the job search. :wink_smile:

Edited by Lisa B

Surgery is a breeze compared to changing jobs. Focus on getting your band and a speedy recovery so that you can find your new job. Good luck to you!!

Wow Lisa, they suck! I'm sorry that this has come up at all, let alone right when you don't need the distraction. I seem to recall that someone else in your company is on the boards somewhere. Does she know yet? Can she give you any leads?

After seeing how everyone is doing post-op, it looks like you won't be down very long and will be able to focus on the job hunt as soon as you are up to it.

Good luck, and rant if you need to!

Thanks Lana & Claudine. The job-related waterworks seem to be over - I'm so mad at myself for crying through about 97% of the manager/HR meeting. I felt so stupid. But as someone else said - well, at least you didn't start ranting and raving and throwing things! :wink_smile:

Just got my time for surgery tomorrow, too - 5:45 check in and 7:00 surgery. In the a-freaking-m. Whahoo! :thumbup:

Crying was the better choice in this sitution Lisa. I was nine months pregnant when I had to look for a new job. It can be done. You will do it!!

Ouch - at nine months pregnant you deserved to be able to rant and rave and throw things. I doubt me worrying about keeping the dog in kibble is quite the same. :w00t:

Thanks for the kind words. I think I've recovered my sense of humor, so all is not lost. It's actually kind of nice to have two major events to focus on - if I start to get too freaked out about one I can just move to the other!

Lisa~

I am so sorry to hear about your job - that totally sucks they drop that bomb as you are about to have surgery!

Focus on the surgery and your health - a job will come your way. You will bounce back in no time. I was riffed one year from a teaching position and I did the same thing - cried my eyes out during the meeting. But it did end up being a good thing, in hind sight. I was able to move on to a new position that was a much better fit!

My thoughts are with you!

I don't know if you are a believer or not so I hope I don't offend you with this but every time I get dissapointed becuase I don't get something I wanted or something bad happens my mother always tells me to get excited. Why you ask? Because God has something even better for you. Maybe you'll find something even better than you had but you would have never found it had you still been at your old job. Think of it as an opportunity, not a tradegy. (I know, easy for me to say right!)

Be encouraged. Be relaxed. Have a successful surgery. Just think how good you'll look in your new interview suit! :biggrin2:

...my mother always tells me to get excited. Just think how good you'll look in your new interview suit! :biggrin2:

Now buddy, THAT's some awesome pick-me-up right there! Hang in there gal...we're all pulling for you!

I think I've recovered my sense of humor, so all is not lost.

Man that sucks Lisa!! I hope you bounce back quickly and it is good that you have recovered your sense of humour! It is amazing how laughing at crappy situations can ease the stress!

Yep, I'm getting lots of encouragement from friends and family, so it's good. I'm in a good mood (tho the oxycodone may be helping there :biggrin2:).

And surgery was a breeze! In at 5:45, surgery at 7 a.m., home by, uh, well, I wasn't really paying attention. :) A bit of gas, I've had a couple of popsicles, sipping ice Water and Isopure (that stuff is rather nasty, I must say), and pacing the halls of the house. Even went for a walk around the block. We'll see how tomorrow goes!

And now, get out of that chair, Lisa, and get moving some more. It really is the best thing, isn't it?! :mellow: