Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nymphs around the world check in!

I'm still around but not benefiting from my band right now. My sister is thinking about getting one and she needs it more than I did -- more weight to lose and diabetic. I hope it works out for her.

1st

Cindyg1212

PattyPoo

Nessa3678

brandymom1234

Mom_of_Chuy

sanderro

Holiwood

Longhorn

Forestcat

Rhea

Sades

edeva3

Teresajo

2nd

lizzie_07

lindata

KristinaDawnB

lindseyann2u

sconie

pam726

robin bird

4th

QatarPhil

5th

DLW

wnt2lose

jelbel

6th

Wishes4444(Ann)

Diva Inside

ndmom

kandiceb

jetti

vanessav

hollyberries

LangleyGirl

7th

Goldie1109

susieq125

shadst83

Cota129

Imonmyway7368

MyLady

8th

anw5102

dawndannae

stranger138

needto

ebrow39

Bandstertobe

zippykat

QUEENMOTHEROF1

Melanie1972

9th

Banded4Life

neen7171

maccy

mariaxoxo4u

Kristin1031

Carsons mommy

chubbydiva

Miztrniceguy

10th

Selisejohnson

omlagirl

jen6740

anitak33

12th

suebob

Shalee04

Foofy

Mariegabrieleee

13th

CCFRA

Princessannod1

Tralynn222

sschude

BandChick64

-acl- (Amy)

14th

lightenup!

dream'n2bthin

Life Change (Eulete)

carleah2

emnasmom

15th

steph_cn

RxTracy

Hopping to It- Danna

sunshiny

Tete2

kickrmom

16th

Laurieu

sstaab

19th

Mrs Smartypants

Momto1plus1

MusigalF

lisawach

20th

Skinny_Jill

blondecz (Crissy)

Firebolt (Judy)

Cuerposano (Diana)

Mysie

21st

Bobp

Bandpal

22nd

luvmy4boys

23rd

FlaLMT and fiance

HoneyB-Palomino & mom

26th

kuchiegrl1

Motocrossgirly

jrsyshoregrl684 (Bypass)

BigDoug143

BarbBee

hungryforchange

27th

731Shawty

Cherlita

Julie-Ann

plump_princess

HAJohnson1

28th

lukin

puppy

TxArcher

shortgal

29th

Sassafras

TAWHarris

McQty

close

4mykidzinVale (Surgery in Bend, Oregon)

30th

WorththeWeight

samorelli

Southerngal

holly,

could you please tell me what you eat in a typical day. I have some restrictions but I can definitely eat more than a cup of food. What is your eating regime?

Hi everyone, almost a year now since we were banded. Still occasionally around lapbandtalk.com, but generally I am an infrequent visitor to the site.

My weight loss has been successful and I’m down 28.9 kg (63 lbs). My initial 100 kg goal weight is only 3.8kg away. Wearing 38” trousers and XL shirts; I’m feeling good about my size. Easily fitting into an airline seat or effortlessly getting into a small car are enjoyable reminders of my progress. In the past I avoided looking at my reflection or getting photographed, but now I’m quite intrigued to see myself. Fairly sure 100kg will not be right for me, so I may adjust my goal to 95kg. Loose skin hasn’t been an issue for me yet and I don’t think it will be a major issue when I am at goal. My wardrobe is all new and I quite enjoy buying clothes, something I really disliked in the past.

No major issues to share. One over-fill, where my stomach was completely closed off for a day; but a slight unfill easily fixed that. Haven’t worked out why, but I am extra tight in the mornings. First bite syndrome can be an issue, so I start out with small bites. When I am particularly hungry this is a challenge for me. We have all read about reaching the restriction sweet spot and I think I’m there. My restriction seems excellent and hunger management seems ideal.

Interestingly my weight loss has been inconsistent, several long plateaus and then unexpected weight drops.

I’m surprised how little food I need to maintain my weight or even make small gains. My portions seem miniscule and I leave food uneaten. Our bodies are efficient and need so little food, aren’t they? Mine would be brilliant for a siege or famine; I’d be a last survivor for sure.

My palate has changed too, the old Phil would hardly ever eat dessert but now I quite enjoy a few mouthfuls. Unlike the old days, I’m simply not particularly interested in red meat, rice or bread. Carbonated drinks make me feel uncomfortable, so I avoid them. Orange juice seems acidic and I pass on that too.

I’m regularly exercising in the gym and enjoying some tennis lessons and matches. My tennis game and stamina have improved.

Aspects of the old Phil’s behaviors are still around and I occasionally enjoy small ice creams. Recognising what I am like; I don’t try and completely eliminate my favorites. On the weekends or when we are out socially I enjoy wine too.

So far so good, getting my band has been a life changing experience and I recommend it to anyone who asks.

Thanks for all your messages and encouragement to each other.

Cheers,

QatarPhil.

Good on you Phil, it's good to hear from people who are at goal or close to it. I can't wait to get there!

Hi everyone...

Good hearing from you, Phil!

Easily fitting into an airline seat or effortlessly getting into a small car are enjoyable reminders of my progress. In the past I avoided looking at my reflection or getting photographed, but now I’m quite intrigued to see myself.

We have more in common than geography... It's amazing how much more comfortable airplane seats and cars have suddenly become, isn't it (I also enjoy how people don't automatically cede the front passenger seat in the car to me anymore)? I'm getting accustomed to not hiding in famly pictures, and am wearing out the mirrors wherever I go.

Loose skin hasn’t been an issue for me yet and I don’t think it will be a major issue when I am at goal. My wardrobe is all new and I quite enjoy buying clothes, something I really disliked in the past.

For me neither on the skin, and ditto on the clothes - I would rather have stuck needles in my eyes than try on pants, and now... bring them on!

Haven’t worked out why, but I am extra tight in the mornings. First bite syndrome can be an issue, so I start out with small bites. When I am particularly hungry this is a challenge for me.

I am tight enough in the morning so that I haven't eaten Breakfast for a while - I drink coffee, tea and ice Water until lunch. Athough it goes against the prevalent nutritional dogma, I have been enjoying eating this way. If I want to, I can make my lunch and dinner larger to compensate.

I’m surprised how little food I need to maintain my weight or even make small gains. My portions seem miniscule and I leave food uneaten. Our bodies are efficient and need so little food, aren’t they?

How true... it's amazing how much of our food choices are the result of cultural conditioning, upbringing and our relative emotional and psychological well being.

My palate has changed too... I’m regularly exercising in the gym and enjoying some tennis lessons and matches. My tennis game and stamina have improved... Recognising what I am like; I don’t try and completely eliminate my favorites... so far so good, getting my band has been a life changing experience...

It is genuinely encouraging to see how well you are doing! Be well, and remember,
أَكْل العِنَب حَبَّة حَبَّة

Edited by bandpal