Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cardiac Evaluation-disappointing

Hi Everyone. The cardiac evaluation was the last thing I had to do but we have run into a problem. :thumbup: It seems that the Dr didn't like the looks of my EKG as it seems to show a problem he said "with the back of your heart and that you might have had a mild heart attack" What that means I don't know as I never felt like I had a heart attack. All my other evaluations were good but this one, so we have a bit of a set back.

The Dr wants me to have a Thallium Stress Test. From what I understand this is a test involving an injection of some sort that would simulate that I was exercising and after the injection I have to be put under a camera like machine for a few hours. Does anyone know what I am talking about or had this done to them? If the outcome isn't good would this prevent me from getting the Lapband surgery?

I don't know when this test will take place but he has me scheduled for Sept 9th as a follow up visit for after the test. Needless to say I am a bit concerned and upset. One good thing about the visit was that my Blood Pressure was 130/70. :smile2:So the BP pills are working. Any infor about this test beyond what I know would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Amanda C

The nuclear stress stress is not bad at all....just takes a while. Be forewarned that when they inject the chemicals in your arm you may have a terrific headache for a few seconds....it's a little scary unless you are expecting it....but that's normal. Otherwise, there's nothing bad about it at all. It's much better than having to run on a danged treadmill if you are a big girl!! I've done many of them, survived them all, had several blocked arteries at different times, several stents put in.....but had no problem at all during lapband surgery. Somewhere over the years some test showed I had had a 'silent heart attack' but it didn't keep me from having surgery, doing well, losing weight. It had improved my health tremendously.....I wish the same for you.:thumbup:

It's probably just going to delay being banded a little bit longer.. but in the long run, at least they have found this out before putting you under anesthesia so you wake up perfectly fine after being banded .. that's always a good thing .. hang in there! get yourself taken care of.. i do have to say that was my BIGGESt fear prior to being banded, was that they would find something wrong with my heart .. not that i've ever had heart problems, but being a big gal it doesn't exactly take much to put a lot of stress on your heart .. they're just making sure you can handle surgery i'm sure .. it will all work out !!! I will pray for you!

the stress test isnt that bad can just be time consuming. I didnt get a headache from it but it made me all jitterly feeling for a while and slightly dizzy. lol But yea it might hold off your band for a while. But shouldnt prevent you from getting it.

My cardio doc said untill he gets my blockages handled a %90 one stinted already 2 weeks ago I have a %80 one i have to have to have done sept 5.

Then a series of tests again.

He is all for me getting WLS surgery done. But he can't with a clear concious clear me for a major surgery till he can get the problems in my heart stablized.

Heck he is so eager for me to lose weight he outloud wondered if he could *Convince* my insurance to pay for them to also remove my *Apron* at the same time as having the band done. lol

And he really didnt want to wait a month in between the 2 angioplasty/stints but the day I had it done seemed to be the dawy for several more pressing emergencys or they would of done both then.