Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody out there feeling the need to shake things up?

Ok y'all here's my story...highest weight ever was 368, got banded 1/19/07, on surgery day weighed 300.5. Today weigh 225. My goal is 199 which i had hoped to hit by my 40th b-day on August 14 but not meant to be for me so I changed it to by my bandiversary.......

despite being in this prolonged plateau and not meeting my goal for by b-day, I am still extremely grateful for what I have accomplished & try to not get frustrated...I feel & look better, blood pressure and blood sugars are good (no meds), feet don't hurt, I've gone from wearing 26/28 to 16's & 18's. I have a chin, shoulders and feel bones that I never knew existed.

Now here's my issue...I've gotten restless & bored...I am depressed (I guess from hormonal changes w/ weightloss..I will be 40 next Thursday and I feel like I have never really dated and have blown my 20's & 30's away being fat, self conscious and shy. I have no kids, no serious significant other relationship and I want to start going out more. I am cranky and irritable, alot, even at work...Haters hating on me when they should be asking me for info so they can get banded too...feels like I'm the new reality show or something. I am getting all this new attention from men and even that is hard to deal with at time because not used to it. I wore a sundress to work yesterday (nothing hanging out and work appropriate length) and the men lost their minds. I want to start dating but have been apprehensive.I'm too old for a lot of foolishness & drama. I know I gotta try and that I will kiss a lot of toads before find a prince. I just want to have some fun and practice dating and socializing with men. Not trying to be a cougar either but alot of younger guys are hitting on me and trying to holla at a sista!! HELP!! Anybody else out there going crazy like me??:thumbup:

Girl, I feel you. My story was kinda different i was the small girl 125-130, then i got on the depo gained 200 lbs, i have been trying since 1996 to lose it never did so i decided i was going to be fat. My husband started cheating on me, i went to prison and got my life back, but i was still fat so i dealt with self-esteem from being that size 6-8 to being a 22-24. I decided to get banded in March of 07 I was 250 lbs i am now down to 205 and found a wonderful man!!!! I am getting married in 10 days but i went up in age he is 46 ( i am 34)and is the best thing other than my children to ever happen to me! So believe me it gets greater later!