Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have 7 lbs to go to reach my 50lbs in sixth months goal. I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna bust my ass and DO IT!

But at 50lbs I need to award myself. I can't think of anything. I need some ideas. Besides reaching that 50 mark, I want something to look forward too, something else to work for.

What do you guys think?:confused2:

Something I do, is on my myspace I have a picture folder for every ten pounds I lose. Every time I lose 10 pounds I post a new updated face shot. It always keeps me going and gets me excited for that next ten pounds and when I get to post my next picture! Right now I'm just three pounds away from my next picture, and oddly, this is how I measure my weightloss when I get discouraged, I'll say to myself- "just 5 more lbs til' my next picture.." or "Maybe I can do my next picture by next weekend"..

Another thing I do, is I buy a pair of pants a size below what I wear and use it as a goal. 15 pounds ago I bought a pair of khaki pants.. never owned a pair before, but they were my goal. I knew once I could get those on, I'd feel successful and this morning I put them on and they look great and I wore them to work feeling great.

Guest Leslie2Lose

I love Crystal's Idea! You go! That reminds me I have a dress in the top of the closet I bought 4 years ago that was my "bonus" dress...I never got to goal. I think it will fit me now...anyway enough about me.

I'd buy a super sexy dress - the stores have some awesome dresses now (I just love the 40's & 50's styles) with new shoes to match. Get dressed up when you reach your mini-goal and have a night on the town. I used to NEVER wear dresses and I actually own more now than I do pants.

Here's another idea - buy a charm Bracelet. For every goal you have set for yourself, when you reach it, buy a new charm. Something that represents you and your life at the time. That way you can look back and remember where you were when you earned it. It's pretty and functional.

Is there anything new that you've started doing since you've been losing weight? Any new hobbies? You could reward yourself with something for that if you have.

Since I've been losing weight I've become much more into cooking than I have been for years. Weird, I know! Lose weight, diet and then become obsessed with cooking. But it's finding new, healthier ways to cook for me and my family. So I plan to reward myself with new kitchen stuff. My big goal is a new set of professional pots and pans. That will have to be for goal though since they are a bit pricey. In between there's new utensils and gadgets to keep me happy. I need to pick something for my 100 pound mark. That just might encourage me to work through this plateau. Right now I'm having a pity party. Luckily it's almost over. :)

Do something special for yourself like a manicure, pedicure or a massage.

Pictures are the best for me too. I don’t think I could truly gauge my weight loss without it. It has become my best motivator.

I agree with the 'feed your hobby' idea. For 50 pounds gone, I'd spend that much money in either fabric (I sew) or books...in fact, that just gave me an idea for my next goal achievement.

Whatever it is you do, make it something fun, memorable, something you normally wouldn't treat yourself to!

I agree with feeding your hobby. How about a massage, mani and/or pedi? Maybe take a class or workshop on something you're interested in learning more about? New workout clothes? New workout equipment? I bought myself a new exercise DVD when I reached a goal. I'm approaching 60 pounds gone and I'm getting a massage then. :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BabySpoons

Sometimes reading the posts here make me wonder if some people just weren't mentally ready for WLS and needed more time with the bariatric team psychiatrist. Complaining about the limited drink/food choices early on... blah..blah...blah. The living to eat mentality really needs to go and be replaced with eating to live. JS
      · 2 replies
      1. Bypass2Freedom

We have to remember that everyone moves at their own pace. For some it may be harder to adjust, people may have other factors at play that feed into the unhealthy relationship with food e.g. eating disorders, trauma. I'd hope those who you are referring to address this outside of this forum, with a professional.

This is a place to feel safe to vent, seek advice, hopefully without judgement.

Compassion goes a long way :)

2. BabySpoons

Seems it would be more compassionate not to perform a WLS on someone until they are mentally ready for it. Unless of course they are on death's door...

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

I had about 6 months between deciding to do surgery and getting scheduled. I came across the book The Pound of Cure by Dr. Matthew Weiner, a bariatric surgeon in Arizona, and started to implement some of the changes he recommended (and lost 13 lbs in the process without ever feeling deprived). The book is very simple, and the focus is on whole, plant based foods, but within reason. It's not an all or nothing approach, or going vegan or something, but focuses on improvement and aiming for getting it right 80-90% of the time. His suggestions are divided into 12 sections that you can tackle over time, perhaps one per month for a year if a person is just trying to improve nutrition and build good habits. They range from things like cutting out artificial sweetener or eating more beans to eating a pound of vegetables per day. I found it really effective pre-surgery and it's an eating style I will be working to get back to as I am further out from surgery and have more capacity. Small changes you can sustain will do the most for building good habits for life.

2. Theweightisover2024🙌💪

That sounds awesome. I'll have to check that out thanks!

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches