Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am one week banded tomorrow.

It was quite an ordeal. The day of surgery was like drive threw surgery. i was operated on at 11:00 and home by 4:00. It was very smooth until the next day. I was so sick the next day - I vomited to the point I couldn't stop. I called the Dr. and he call me in some meds that only continued the process. I just stopped every med and started taking tylenol and now day 6 I am finally able to walk in small increments. I am excited that I have the band, but need to have some support that I can count on. :thumbup:

I am one week banded tomorrow.

It was quite an ordeal. The day of surgery was like drive threw surgery. i was operated on at 11:00 and home by 4:00. It was very smooth until the next day. I was so sick the next day - I vomited to the point I couldn't stop. I called the Dr. and he call me in some meds that only continued the process. I just stopped every med and started taking tylenol and now day 6 I am finally able to walk in small increments. I am excited that I have the band, but need to have some support that I can count on. :cool2:

Wow it sounds like where I went...I am so sorry for the pain you went through... feeling the nausea now.. Had Surgery at 2.30 suppose to be 10.30 and left hospital by 4.00.. No compassion and no answers...

My surgery was an overnight stay... and i was soooooo glad it was... i was on demoral and morphine for 24 hrs b4 i went home... I feel for you guys tho cuz my gallbladder removal was outpatient...

Wow you really did...I stay over night. I come home on Wed. So now everything is okay, you are feeling better now. Are you eating? What do you eat?

Lisa

Sorry you had such a rough time! I hope you will feel much better from now on. My surgery was last Wednesday and outpatient as well, 9 am surgery- 2pm check out. Saturday was the day I felt up to a short walk. It took me forever to go around our little block in shuffling little steps. But from there on every day was greatly improved! I hope you have the same thing to look forward to.

Wishing you a great nights sleep, to wake up feeling added energy, and better than the day before.

:thumbup:I'm sending you a huge hug, but not to close to your port site LOL!:thumbup: I thankfully spent the night and I'm so glad I did. Even though I had a rough nite trying to sleep, didn't seem like I could find a comfortable sleeping postion. Sitting up didn't seem to do the trick, I finally made a wedge under my tummy and got maybe an hour or so sleep.

I hope your feeling better, just remember you've made a huge step in your NEW future. It WILL get better!

Hugs to you!:cool2:

Hi! I'm new to this board. I was banded on July 16th so I am three weeks out tomorrow. I too was outpatien. Surgery was delayed three hours due to problems with the camera. I went in at 11:15 and was home by 6:00. Honestly, I should have stayed the night. I was so sick!!! As soon as I tried to get up to leave, I immediately began to vomit. It was awful!!! I was determined to go home! I laid down in the car for the trip,but it took my husband and my cousin to get me into the house. It was like this... walk, walk, barf!!!walk,walk, barf!!!!! My cousin (who is a RN) was like "You should have stayed!!! What is wrong with you???" I told her that I wanted to sleep in my own bed without interruptions. She said "You are going to wish you'd stayed!" She got me up EVERY hour through the night to walk around the house and to breath on that tube thing they give you!

All that aside, I feel wonderful!!! For me being off of pop has been a wonderful thing! Something I thought I could never live without,but I know now that I can. My confidence grows more each day. I've lost fifteen lbs. and have started to exercise. Just walking through the neighborhood,but it's a start.

I hope to make some new friends on this board. I've just been trying to follow all post op diets and wrap my brain around "real hunger vs. head hunger." It's sooooooo powerful!!!!!! Figuring them out has been a real eye opening experience. Anyway, thanks for listening to me babble. Going for my first fill on August 29th. SOOOOOO exited!!!!!

Thanks for sharing.

I have been much better with each day. I am very hungry at times and trying not to over do it. I don't get filled until 9/8.

I am sorry that they ran you through so fast. I did go home the same day though. That was my choice... I hate hospitals!

I had surgery at 7 am and went home at 6pm. I could of went home anytime after 12 but I waited for fiance to get off work to get me.