Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WOW..didnt clear psych :(

:thumbup:hello everyone! tomorrow is my first appointment with the Dr. and i am a mess.........i have been on so many web sites and i have so many Q: for him, i have been overweight for more that 18years so i want to be banded,,the problem is i have never had ANT surgery and my Q: are driving me crazy! i have the app with the nutritionist and the psch.:lol:my six months of weight loss attempt is documented i have talk to my insurance company,,,,,,,i guess i will fell better once i talk to the surgeon, i have also watched the surgery on line! I SHOULDNT have done that:confused: well i am excited and scared at the same time..........knowone knows but my mom and my son, my sister that i am close with and my best friend i will tell them the day after surgery! i dont want alot of opions cause noone is walking around with this fat but me and those two :thumbdown:they are not 4 the surgery they think i am beautiful just like i am:wub:thats love for u:biggrin:well somebody anyone HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP:crying:

It is perfectly normal to be scared spitless!!! It is a big deal! It is being put under anesthesia and having your life changed.

BUT----in my opinion and experience----it is SOOOOO worth it!!

I don't know how old your son is, or your Mom for that matter, and of course they love you as you are. I am sure they each have issues, and you love them just the same.

But just allow yourself to imagine a life without obesity controlling it! A life where food is not your first thought. See in your mind yourself at your sons football game, standing and cheering, without being self conscious of it! See yourself going out to dinner with your Mom and sister, and being shown to a booth, and just sliding in, without worrying if you will fit, or how tight it will be---instead there will be room between you and the table.

Fast forward to your sons graduation, and see the pictures that will be taken, of him with his arm around your shoulder, and you a thin woman--a healthy woman, ready to face the world!

There are so many times with my weight I wanted to do something or go somewhere that I let my weight stop me. Add to that the serious medical issues I was facing. My weight in one way or another was in the way----and it was compromising my health.

I am healthy now! I go places, I took my granddaughter to a public swimming pool! I am proud of what I have done to take control.

No one knows how life is....until they too have lived it as a fat person. And I fully believe for some of them, they may be ok with that, I was not. I tried dieting----I succeeded a few times. Until I quit dieting, and then get the heck outta the way, the weight flew back on!

I have been going through some health issues lately, had to have an unrelated surgery, so I have been very lazy with my band. I have not gained anything! I am not in a panic because I just sit tight, the band is there, waiting to help me get the rest of the weight off---but for now, it has proven to me, that mainetenance is going to be equally successful!

Get ready to run your race! You may not have 100% support right now----but I bet when you cross the finish line your Mom and Son will be there, more proud of you than even you can imagine!!!

You sound well prepped for the appt. tomorrow! Good Luck, keep us posted!

Kat

hello Kat817, forgive me for jsut getting back to you but i couldnt figure out this system here to get back to my responses but i GOT it now :thumbup: thanks for all of your prayers and inspiration! you did a grate job with your weight lost CONGRADS! sorry to here about ur health issues know that God is in control and everything will be all right u stay encourage just as you have been used to encourage others!!!!!!!!!!!

my

visit with the Dr was wonderful he seems to be a good caring DR full of anwers to all my Q: the only thing i have to do now is pysh eva which will be this saturday and then i am done! its seems so fast! it hasnt even been 2 wks and all of my stuff is finish. dr said the way i am going and with the ins blessing my band placement could be the end of this month or april wowzyyyyyy thats fast! but i am ready my bmi was 46.6 so i shouldnt have any problem getting ok i dont have any other health problems so i am praying that the high bmi is enough my insurance stated that u have to have a bmi ova 40..........and well as u can c i have that :thumbup: but not for LONG please keep in touch

:thumbup:kat 817 havent heard from you in a min just wanted to let you know that all my stuff is DONE i am waiting to hear from BCBS to get the ok they said it should be about 10 days -2wks so i am hoping to get a ya by april 1st. i will keep u posted

God bless:wub:

Glad to hear all went well, I too am waiting to hear from BCBS on my TT.....things always move so slow when you are waiting!!!

Look forward to hearing your good news and sharing my own!!

Kat