Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5-6 month plateaus

Just wondering how many of us are having plateau issues right now. It seems almost like it's a natural thing at this time since so many of us seem to be having one. If so, how long has it been going on, what have you tried to break it and did you do anything different when it started? And if not, any idea what you're doing that keeps it away?

I hit one about 3 weeks ago. I've been bouncing up and down two pounds and can not get it to move. I think two things made it happen but I'm not sure - started some weight training at the gym and I think I may be getting a few more calories than I think I am. I've tried zigzaging my caloric intake, I've tried changing up my exercise and food types. Heck, I even tried not exercising for a few days when I had a cold. Thought it might be Water so I tried drinking more.

Trying not to get really frustrated and pretty bummed 'cause I probably won't make my 100 pound at six months goal. Right now I think there are only three things that might break it - time, a fill but I can't get one until the 19th and I'm going to try being fanatical about measuring my food and calories next.

I am right there with you!! I have been stuck for the past few weeks and I am trying really hard not to let it get to me. I am counting the days until the kids go back to school and I can go back to the gym more regularly. Increasing my exercise helped me quite a bit the last time I was stuck in a plateau. I know it isn't my diet that has me there, my calories never go over 1000. It is soooo frustrating though!!

Also, on the up side of this plateau, my hair has stopped falling out and I have more and more of the little spikeys sticking out of my head!!

I was stuck for about a week, went up a few lbs, came back down, stayed there for like a week, then dropped two lbs and stayed there for a week. Today I finally dropped another two lbs so I hope it doesn't stall again. LOL First it was swelling so I upped my Water. This last week, I started working out, including strengthening workouts 3 days a week. I lost several inches all around this week but no weight until today. I gave myself the whole weekend off...ate what I wanted and didn't worry about it. Back on plan today though. I just needed to not think about it for a day or two...I've been so frustrated.

Yay for the return of the hair. Happy for you! And hope I follow soon but I may not since I had that additional surgery to fix my port.

I think I need to just take a day or so off. Definately need to not see that same number on my scale for a day or so.

I also hit a plateau. I was at the same weight for 6 weeks. I would lose one pound, gain one pound. I had a fill on Thursday and have lost five pounds.....Finally going under 200 lbs! I did try the "plateau breaking" secrets before my fill. I changed my diet, my exercise, went back onto shakes for a week. Nothing worked until I got the fill. Just convinces me even more that I could not have gotten this far withour my band!

I am sure I am the plateau queen!

I have been losing and putting on the same weight for nearly 3 months now. I can shift some, but it returns. I have now returned to playing netball after a 4 week hiatus, so that might help start to shift the weight again.

But although I am not seeing it in the scales, I am seeing it in my clothes. I know I have lost bulk, but not the weight. Go figure!

I am hoping with this new fill (I had 1.1ml put in last night and have to have some taken out as I can't tolerate liquids very well) will set me on the path to losing lots of weight consistently!!! :)

Hang in there. I tried breaking the plateau by having all high calorie stuff for a few days - and low and behold I now have chocolate issues....:)