Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone getting banded in AUGUST

TessJ,

as long as you take it easy once you're back at work, one week will probably be fine. I'm taking two weeks off, but only because I've now also caught the flu and the constant coughing is slowing the healing of my port site.

Though do remember you'll likely still be on a modified diet of mushies so you need to plan your work meals.

Good luck for Monday. The first two days after surgery are the worst. It gets exponentially better from then on!

Hi, I was banded on the 1st by Gary Crosthwaite at The Avenue in Melbourne. I'm still on the liquid diet at the moment and am starting to get sick of soup! Am already planning what I'm having for my first mushie meal.

Shell

Oh no Lellow, I hope you are feeling better soon!! That is what sucks about the winter I guess.

I got told to take the two weeks so I am going to. And I figure it will be easier eating wise anyway :)~

P.S Crap Lellow is that another kilo in the past two days?? AWESOME :ohmy:

Lol Ro! It definitely is slowing down now that I'm on mushies, but yeah it's still steadily coming off. Last week I lost 3+ kgs, but have resolved to stop weighing myself everyday because watching the weight loss was becoming addictive!

And yes, I think you can go back to work after a week, but like you Ro I'd rather take two!

I'd rather take four but that is a bit excessive I guess :thumbup:

Started Preop today....It's 1130 and I haven't gotten hungry just yet....give me time :thumbup:

Sending all my 'feeling full' vibes your way Ro, though it sounds like you're doing great so far! Hopefully the next 18 days will pass quickly for you.

17 days till surgery. Diet going ok so far. Been on the low calorie diet for 2 days although today when I was out shopping I was SO hungry and usually I'd put some yummy stuff in my trolly but I resisted, one half of my head said ' its 17 more days to go, just a little blow out today wont make any difference' but the other side said that this is a new life and a new me and I wont ever be eating that rubbish again in future so I should start now and not eat it. I felt so good when I got home, empowered. I am now excited about getting the surgery and actually succeeding for once.

I haven't seen the dietician yet, seeing her next week, looking forward to finding out whats going to happen, casue I really dont know yet, like what can you eat after surgery, and after that and what happens.

How are you girls feeling who have had your band in?

Nights are going to be hard....guess I was still living off food from the day before when I posted this!! Struggling now...going to bed soon so my insides stop eating my outsides!

Well done Mumof2!! I'm sure you'll get a whole lot of info from the dietician, I have and I have started planning out meals and a calendar/spreadsheet with when I should start to drink just to make sure I get all my liquids!

1 sleep to go. I am operated on at 4.00pm tomorrow 11/08/08. I am a little nervous now. I know everything will be alright. I can't wait, to start my new life.:)

Best of luck Tess, the brand new you is just around the corner. This is it, your big day, make the most of it, I know you can do it and come back soon and tell us how your getting on.

Hey mumof2,

I am being banded on August 12th in Sydney.

Im very nervous to, never had surgery before, so hopefully we can share our experience!

I am being banded in sydney on 19th august, to be honest i cant wait, i am trying it very hard to stick to Optifast, i had what feels like my last supper on the weekend, i just hope that my surgeon will still do me, i have been so pathetic,, good luck for tomorrow, hope all goes well

Good luck for today TessJ! Bindi, I had a last supper too. You'll be fine. Good luck for the 19th!

Good luck to those beng banded!!

Hey Michelle, feel free to pop on over to August 2008 Bandsters - Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum

There is a whole bunch of us being banded in August and we are sharing the experience and giving support! There are people from all over the world and whilst not everything is the same in what we have to go through, we are pretty much in similar boats!!