Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site although I've been reading the posts for about 3 weeks. Alot of good info on here. I had my lap band on 7/2/08. I call myself freedom0702 because my surgery was so close to independence day and the lap band will be my independence from fat, YEA!

So far, since I started the journey in 9/07 (going thru the insurance required program, etc) I have lost about 32 pounds. Just cleaned out my closet yesterday of all the clothes that are too big but kept because I just didn't believe that I wouldn't fit back into them again. I'm still a little leary of just getting rid of them because I have a hard time believing this time the weight will stay off for good.

I haven't lost any weight for about a week, even gained a pound or two :biggrin:. I'm sure that's just temporary, I don't go for my 1st fill until 8/13.

I see the nutritionist this Tuesday. That will be good as I'm not getting enough Protein and maybe she will have suggestions on how to make that happen.

Thanks for all the good input on this site, it's really helpful and encouraging to know so many others are out there and I'm not all alone in this journey.

Welcome! Congrats on your band... I am still pre op and hoping to be banded soon. What insurance did you have, and how was that process?? Good luck with your continued success..

Amy

Thanks Amy. My insurance is Health Alliance. When I started this process in Sept. 07 all they covered was the bypass. I wasn't sure I wanted to do something so drastic but began their "I can change" program thinking that maybe I could follow their advise and lose the weight on my own and if not, then decide after the required 6 months program. Well, about a month before my 6 months was up, my health coach (that's what they call the person you have to talk with on the phone to set goals, etc.) told me that Health Alliance had just approved the lap band. I was so excited...disbelieving...scared...you name it I had all the emotions. The time seemed to fly by. I'm still excited and have so much more energy than before my surgery. If this is an indication of my future, I'm very happy with my decision to have the lap band.

I know this is much more than you asked, but it's good to have someone to tell all this to as I haven't told too many people about having the surgery, only my close family, who are all very supportive.

Thanks for listening.

I totally understand about wanting to talk about it b/c you haven't discussed it much with other people. I don't plan to discuss it except for my immediate family and on the boards. Sounds like things worked out very well for you regarding the insurance, which is a huge feet in itself. I am sure the band with continue to be a great tool in your life, and your continued success. Keep up the great work!!

Amy

Thanks, and good luck to you also. Have you gotten approval from your insurance yet or are you a self pay? Keep us posted on your progress.

Hi! and welcome. I wish I had more people to talk to also. My dh is very supportive, but he just doesn't want to chat about it a lot? You know, he knows Im the research queen and will over search, so he just waits til the end. lol

welcome!