Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello! I'm 32 and scheduled for band surgery on Aug. 26 with Dr. Trace Curry. I have my nutrition thingy and pre-op workup on Aug. 12, so it is coming up fast. I am currently 250 lbs and 5'8", so I'd like to drop around 100lbs total. Even in high school when I was more active, I never weighed less than 165, so I'm not sure if that goal is achievable or not, but I figured why not go for it? I've been steadily putting on the weight for the past ten years, so I'm going to nip this in the bud before I end up on a TLC special...LOL. I like to exercise, but I have gotten lazy, so I look forward to getting back on track in that department. More than anything, I am excited about the possibility that thoughts of food will no longer rule my life. I spend a lot of brain power planning on what I'm going to eat next! My husband asked me how I am feeling about surgery and I just want to hurry up and get it done. I'm not nervous, or even excited yet, because it seems like it really won't happen. I am self-pay and paying part of it with a student loan, so I'm afraid something will happen and the loan refund will be too late. I'm sure it will all work out, but worry is my middle name. I'm glad to have found this site for support and to learn more about the process.

Edited by Maribelle

Good Morning Maribelle

Good to hear from you... I am Kelly & due to be banded on the 31st which is not as soon as yours but soon enough - am i can completely understand your feeling right now. Like you I have been overweight most of my life & am looking forward to a fresh start with a gym routine to get my teeth into.

On this website you begin to realise that your goal of being 150lb's is achievable as long as you work hard & dont cut corners. You are in a great position to have your husband there to support you while you are about to go through a rollercoaster of emotions + feelings in the next few months.

When I first booked i was really anxious & thought i'd jumped in too quickly but now things have settled I am ready to take the bull by the horns :teeth_smile:)

Although I am still pre-op I have been on here for many hours reading everything both pre + post op therefore feel free to ask and q's and i'll try to answer them & I look forward to hearing upon your success!!

Hi, I had my band done on July 22nd by Dr. Curry. I was also self pay.

Don't worry everything will go great. You are in good hands. ready2diet