Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I love those little old ladies with their red hats :thumbup: So cute...Shamrock you don't even look 60!! my mom looks older than you and she's 54 :cool2:

I love those little old ladies with their red hats :thumbup: So cute...Shamrock you don't even look 60!! my mom looks older than you and she's 54 :cool2:

Awww that's so nice, that photo was taken a year ago so I was 59. LOL

I take care of my skin it's very very sensitive. I can only use Origins skin products. And Bare Minerals make-up and I use a sunscreen all the time.

I wear a hat when I'm in the pool too. My family is blessed with good genes. I have more gray hair than my Mom did when she was 78. She didn't start looking her age till her 70's when she got very sick.

My daughter is almost 32 and most people think she's in her late teens.

I am so looking forward to Thursday when I officially become "banded" LOL

take care.:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Pati

I wish you great success with your band. I have until November to wait. GOOOOOOD LUCK. :cool2:

Thank you, yes she screwed up, she knows it, she has learned from it, berating someone and beating them over the head really doesn't serve any purpose!

Thank you, yes she screwed up, she knows it, she has learned from it, berating someone and beating them over the head really doesn't serve any purpose!

Right On! My goodness, give the girl a break! I am 5 weeks, too and after two weeks, my Dr (who is the best in NYC ) told me to just be careful and take it easy. We should not worry so much. We all just need to try to support each other and let the day begin new!

Thanks, that was so nice of you. I think that staying on a restricted diet the few weeks before surgery sure helps you after. I know I will have good days and bad days ahead and will concentrate on the good ones.

Hope your doing good. Only craving I have is ice cream LOL. Being good and not having any, even the fat free, sugar free kind LOL.

I want to make this work, I am 60 years old and want the next 20 years of my life or more to be happy productive ones and that I can spend them enjoying my granddaughter grows up. I want to boogie at her college graduation and wedding. I want to be the "cool" grandma. A real Auntie Mame type of gal. With my sexy purple dress and red hat. LOL

OH Congrats to ya'll . you will do GREAT !!! Cant wait to see you in your sexy purple dress and your Red Hat !!!

ya'll have great attitudes

mindy

I have to say I appreciate Coltonwade's honesty here. I mean no disrespect or unkindness to anyone, but I find it quite amazing just HOW MANY people post that they have eaten a personal pizza, or McDonalds burger, or pancakes, or whatever during their post-op diet period. These are not the healthiest or best choices for anyone to lose weight at any point (I always remember a trainer saying to me once - "nobody ever lost weight by eating pizza and lamb chops"). Anyway, I understand we are all human, and we almost all slip at some point - but ladies and gents, really, the post op diet is a small period of time in our long term journey - we have to muster the willpower to do the right thing - no excuses. I am very proud of my achievement by getting through the first 2 months post op without putting the slightest "wrong" thing past my lips.

I have to say I appreciate Coltonwade's honesty here. I mean no disrespect or unkindness to anyone, but I find it quite amazing just HOW MANY people post that they have eaten a personal pizza, or McDonalds burger, or pancakes, or whatever during their post-op diet period. These are not the healthiest or best choices for anyone to lose weight at any point (I always remember a trainer saying to me once - "nobody ever lost weight by eating pizza and lamb chops"). Anyway, I understand we are all human, and we almost all slip at some point - but ladies and gents, really, the post op diet is a small period of time in our long term journey - we have to muster the willpower to do the right thing - no excuses. I am very proud of my achievement by getting through the first 2 months post op without putting the slightest "wrong" thing past my lips.

Oh well thank you . Im glad some of ya'll appreciate me LOL

When I first came on this board i was not even banded yet.

As I became banded I appreciated the honesty from the vet bandsters.

I realize more so now than then JUST HOW MUCH good they did me .

They would have done me NO GOOD by telling me what i wanted to hear not what i needed to hear . So i try to do the same.

Sometimes its not easy to hear what is needed. Does not mean we are being ugly mean or hateful it just means its not easy !

Mindy

I MUST say this!! i was a horrible offender when it came to following my pre & post op diets! i WOULD NEVER suggest that anyone do as i do because often i am worried that in the future it may cause some sort of damage to my band. i was also a self pay so i understand the cost on several levels! the only thing that i can say is that perhaps pizza was a bad choice but every dr is so different that all the different opinions of our fellow bandsters can get...:confused:CONFUSING!!!! MY DR says that you should be back to solid foods by week 6, some say 5. some people stay on liquids for 6 days after a fill, my dr says 2. i am certain there are medical reasons for the diets but i stress again that EVERYONES dr seems to be DIFFERENT!!! i have stated several times on LBT that no one wants to be scolded because of bad decisions. MOST of us are not drs, who are we to say whats right? we can only give our opinions based on the advice we've been given by our surgeons, almost ALL of whom have DIFFERENT guidelines! i've been so annoyed/baffled/puzzled by the differences i've even called other offices to ask their policies & the reasons for them. i've called barix, glwl, oca, SEVERAL places. i agree that everyone should follow the orders of their surgeon in order to prevent problems in the future, however i also agree that if its gonna slip it will, whether you followed them obediently OR NOT! i would love it if we were all a little nicer to one another cuz we are all human & until we got banded we ALL had unhealthy relationships with food...:thumbup: NOBODY wants to get reamed or scolded like a 5 year old! SHOW SOME LOVE!!!:thumbup:

I MUST say this!! i was a horrible offender when it came to following my pre & post op diets! i WOULD NEVER suggest that anyone do as i do because often i am worried that in the future it may cause some sort of damage to my band. i was also a self pay so i understand the cost on several levels! the only thing that i can say is that perhaps pizza was a bad choice but every dr is so different that all the different opinions of our fellow bandsters can get...:confused:CONFUSING!!!! MY DR says that you should be back to solid foods by week 6, some say 5. some people stay on liquids for 6 days after a fill, my dr says 2. i am certain there are medical reasons for the diets but i stress again that EVERYONES dr seems to be DIFFERENT!!! i have stated several times on LBT that no one wants to be scolded because of bad decisions. MOST of us are not drs, who are we to say whats right? we can only give our opinions based on the advice we've been given by our surgeons, almost ALL of whom have DIFFERENT guidelines! i've been so annoyed/baffled/puzzled by the differences i've even called other offices to ask their policies & the reasons for them. i've called barix, glwl, oca, SEVERAL places. i agree that everyone should follow the orders of their surgeon in order to prevent problems in the future, however i also agree that if its gonna slip it will, whether you followed them obediently OR NOT! i would love it if we were all a little nicer to one another cuz we are all human & until we got banded we ALL had unhealthy relationships with food...:thumbup: NOBODY wants to get reamed or scolded like a 5 year old! SHOW SOME LOVE!!!:thumbup:

I sort of agree that if its gonna slip it gonna slip .

I believe that If your band will slip it will have a MUCH LIKELIER chance of slipping if you have not followed "orders" than if you DO follow them .

No one scolds anyone like a 5 yr old on here ! UNLESS they act like a 5 yr old in my opinion !!

There was a post on here ( I linked it in the beginning) that said something along the lines of " I cheated HA HA , I know people follow directions to a T but that's not my THING"

So HA HA its funny she cheated and HA HA She's not going to follow directions . Sorry acting like that I WILL Treat you like a 5 yr old !!!

If you want to act like a doctor because you know more than them then go to school for 12 yrs and BE ONE !!! But until then I Personally will follow what the man who spent half his adult life in school to learn how to do this says !!!

I respect the fact that you said you did not follow directions but would not come here and tell anyone to do what you did. THAT irrtates the crap out of me when people say " I DID IT YOU Will be fine "

So i apprecaite that you dont do that.

thanks

Mindy

My feelings are well known, follow doctors orders. If it needs 5-6 weeks to fully heal the band then do what you can to NOT have it slip. So eating right for 6 weeks will train you to continue to eat right. Just because you have the band doesn't mean you can eat anything at all in smaller portions and lose weight. My doctors said you cay eat a Burger King Whopper, one tiny bite at a time and take all day long (with the band) to eat it, but at the end of the day you still ate a Whopper.

Same with a pizza, or ice cream or anything else fattening, it totally defeats the purpose of the band in the first place.

My feelings are well known, follow doctors orders. If it needs 5-6 weeks to fully heal the band then do what you can to NOT have it slip. So eating right for 6 weeks will train you to continue to eat right. Just because you have the band doesn't mean you can eat anything at all in smaller portions and lose weight. My doctors said you cay eat a Burger King Whopper, one tiny bite at a time and take all day long (with the band) to eat it, but at the end of the day you still ate a Whopper.

Same with a pizza, or ice cream or anything else fattening, it totally defeats the purpose of the band in the first place.

Very true , that is called eating around the band.

You can eat around the band and gain weight .

Good point Shamrock thanks for brining that up as well

Mindy

Im not trying to make anyone feel bad at all . You or the original poster.

Its about what's best for the band , why we all get the band to begin with .

For a healthier life. These "Cheating" type posts are more and more common lately and as someone who's been "around" for a long time its unsettling to read and to hear justification for people to continue to do it . My doc is strict on post fills and post op stuff. I dont know if the docs are getting more lax on patients or patients are just not taking it seriously ?

Either way it worries me which is why i try to respond so "harshly " I guess ?

u know every Dr. has different rules im allowed to eat solids after 3 wks im not saying pizza is good b/c it is to doughy but we should all follow the Dr. rules with my Dr. after a fill its liquids for 2 days and mushies for 2 days then solids i dont think we should make anybody feel bad about eating a pizza we will all stray at one point and as long as she is following the Dr.s rules she will b fine and if she strays she needs our support not making her feel like she committed a crime.

u know every Dr. has different rules im allowed to eat solids after 3 wks im not saying pizza is good b/c it is to doughy but we should all follow the Dr. rules with my Dr. after a fill its liquids for 2 days and mushies for 2 days then solids i dont think we should make anybody feel bad about eating a pizza we will all stray at one point and as long as she is following the Dr.s rules she will b fine and if she strays she needs our support not making her feel like she committed a crime.

I will say it AGAIN . the OP did NOT CHEAT I realize that NOW . If YOUR DOC Says solids at 5 weeks then YOUR NOT CHEATING . BUT if you eat pizza at 5 weeks and your suppose to still be on MUSHIES I have ISSUES w/ that SORRY ! I just do not have much pitty for those who "stray" (its not straying its not FOLLOWING DOCS ORDERS ) during that time and its AGAINST MEDICAL ADVICE !!!

If you were in the hospital for CHEMO would you tel your doc you were NOT GOING TO DO IT ? NO its the same thing to me. For 6 WEEKS OF OUR LIVES OR LESS For some I THINK WE CAN CONTROL WHAT WE PUT IN OUR MOUTHS TO HAVE A GOOD QUALITY OF LIFE AND BAND !!!!

Should i say this another 10 times ??

Mindy

I will say it AGAIN . the OP did NOT CHEAT I realize that NOW . If YOUR DOC Says solids at 5 weeks then YOUR NOT CHEATING . BUT if you eat pizza at 5 weeks and your suppose to still be on MUSHIES I have ISSUES w/ that SORRY ! I just do not have much pitty for those who "stray" (its not straying its not FOLLOWING DOCS ORDERS ) during that time and its AGAINST MEDICAL ADVICE !!!

If you were in the hospital for CHEMO would you tel your doc you were NOT GOING TO DO IT ? NO its the same thing to me. For 6 WEEKS OF OUR LIVES OR LESS For some I THINK WE CAN CONTROL WHAT WE PUT IN OUR MOUTHS TO HAVE A GOOD QUALITY OF LIFE AND BAND !!!!

Should i say this another 10 times ??

Mindy

well what you have to understand is not everyone is the same that is the reason most people got the surgery in the 1st place cause they got no self control now maybe u never cheated lucky you ur special but most of us have and the not feeling pity is wrong cause thats why we r here for support im not saying to those people who didn't follow the rules once keep on doing it but if they did then u now what, it's ok just try to do better look i have not cheated on my diet yet im 3 wks post op and allowed to eat solids but i choose to eat mushies still why b/c that my choice doesn't mean that tomorrow i wont have a piece of apple or sushi b/c according to my Drs. rules i can. Your supposed to bring people up not make them feel low everybody will cheat al least once even twice nobody purposely wants to sabotage themselves the surgery is done but now our minds need to be developed into a different type of thinking and that takes time it doesn't happen in one day look i know everybody has the right to their own opinion but making it seem like if "u cheat u die" is wrong. To all the people out there who have cheated sit down for a minute and c what made you do that there is always a underlying problem as to why we eat certain foods were you stressed, angry, depressed just know its not the end of the world get up brush your shoulders off and continue on every day you will improve remember its not a diet anymore it's a whole change in life whenever we sit down to eat take a minute or two look at your plate and say to yourself how will this affect me and my band and 9 times out of 10 if there is something inappropriate u will remove it. Good luck to everyone my prayers r with you that everyday you will get up feeling better about yourself and the choices you make