Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want food!!!

I want any food that I don't have to drink! Anyone ever hear of someone having to stay on liquids a week after a .5 fill? Thick liquids like Soup or smoothies have trouble staying down. I know. I should call the doc but I haven't lost this much or this fast since surgery. I feel OK otherwise, just want to eat something, anything. Darn gas bubble goes away for a while and keeps coming back. Other then calling the doc for an unfill, any suggestions? I'm able to drink slowly so I'm not dehydrated. I'm able to drink down about 600+ calories so I'm not malnourished but I'm craving real food. What can I do to get rid of this bubble that is blocking my band? I think thats why I can't progress to soft foods yet.

Oh my God you are doing through hell. I definately feel that you are too tight and will need an unfill. It should not be this difficult for you. I hope that it gets straightened out for your sake.

Here is wishing the bubble to burst.

Cindy

Cindy,

I'll give it to Monday. If I can't get on soft foods by then, I'll call the doc. Maybe I can get a barium x-ray before getting an unfill. I was able to eat too much before this and I would hate to go back to that. If I just need to wait this out a bit, I will. I should find out if there is a problem with the band first.

Any ideas how to get rid of this bubble once and for all?

Hey Cindy it doesn't sound like much fun for you. Not sure what the bubble could be but you definitely need to talk to your dr about it. You know that even .2 defill could help. Keep us posted.

Cindy, I totally understand. That's where I was too. If I stayed on liquids/mushies I was fine, but I still got that gas bubble. It's uncomfortable. But the weight loss was fantastic! It's hard to get an unfill when you're losing. The only solution is a partial unfill. What I'm wondering is if .25 would be good - or would that just inflame things more?

I'm thinking that a partial unfill might be the thing to do. All I got down today was a little coffee, Water, diet snapple and 2 cups of Soup. And none of it went down easy. Some pbing everytime. I will call the doc Monday. Maybe just taking out .25 would be OK. Still think an x-ray makes sense.

I called the doc tonight because I now can't swallow anything other than Clear Liquids. The nurse practioner who gave me my fill called back. I have a 9:30 am appt. tomorrow. She will unfill .25 and see if I do better. If not, then they'll x-ray. She did say that even .25 can make a big difference. I hope so. This has gotten ridiculous. She is happy for me that I got under 200. I'll check in after the unfill. Can't wait to actually eat something!

Hope that .25 does the trick. I know the nurse at my dr's office was at 9.25cc and couldn't eat, then had .25cc taken out and she felt right as rain. Keep us posted.

Wow, what a difference .25 can make! I can drink easily and can even get down a little mushie food. What a relief! Apparently, I was all swelled up inside which was causing the gas bubble. The nurse practioner said that if and when I get another fill, we should only do .25 from now on. She said some people can only handle .10 at a time. I only need to get an x-ray if I'm having trouble in a few days. I really need to be careful not to put back any of the weight I lost this week.

Wow, what a difference .25 can make! I can drink easily and can even get down a little mushie food. What a relief! Apparently, I was all swelled up inside which was causing the gas bubble. The nurse practioner said that if and when I get another fill, we should only do .25 from now on. She said some people can only handle .10 at a time. I only need to get an x-ray if I'm having trouble in a few days. I really need to be careful not to put back any of the weight I lost this week.

So glad that you are doing so much better. It is not worth being miserable just to lose weight. If it takes longer so be it. At least you won't feel so bad. Good for you!

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Cindy. It took me two weeks to get anything down after my second fill. I even pb'd Water a few times. I waited it out that time, but it's all about what makes you feel comfortable. I have a fill appointment coming up in a few weeks and I can tell you right now it's going to be a small one.

Wishing you peace and happiness,

Bandpal

Thanks, Cindy. I do feel better and you're right. I don't have to be in such a rush to get the weight off that I feel terrible and sick in the process. The nurse said that she barely recognized me today. I'm usually energetic and talkative during our visits and today I could barely speak coherently. She told me that waiting it out like I did could have landed me in the hospital. Lesson learned!

Bandpal, how did you feel those 2 weeks after your last fill? It sounds like you had as much trouble as me. Did the swelling go down by then and you could eat something? Were you weak and dehydrated? I wanted to wait it out too but by last night, I knew it was impossible. Thanks for your good wishes. Good luck on your next fill!

The swelling did eventually go down, during the third week. Had my doctor been closer and more accessible, I think I would've had an unfill. I didn't dehydrate, but the possibility was definitely on my mind (it's so hot here as it is, after all). My worst fear was that the violent vomiting which can accompany dehydration would tear the band out. Everyone has to trust their own feeling.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better Cindy. I'm sure you'll be fine with the weight, especially if you try to do some exercise, that will help maintain it.