Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok This is my Story. My name is Stacy and I just turned 30 a couple weeks ago. I have been overweight for about 10 yrs now. I have 4 kids beautiful children, and have been married to the most wonderful supportive man any woman can ask for for a little over 4 months now.

I'm sick and tired of all the stares from skinny people that think all she must do is sit around and eat all day when they (in reality) know nothing about my life). I have been on so many diets these past 10 yrs I stopped counting. Nothing ever seemed to work for more than a couple months at a time. Over the counter diet pills, prescribed diet pills, weight watchers, crash diets and diets that made no sense at all, yep, I have done it all.

I'm well past tired of either looking in the mirror with disgust or looking the other way when I pass a mirror. I want to be able to hold my head up high and and feel good about myself once again.

I am tired of telling my kids, "mommy dont have the energy to get out in the yard and play, let's do something inside the house, or hoping for rain on a beautiful summers day so I don't have to get into a bathing suit and get out in the pool.

I want to be able to be a "WIFE" to my hubsand in every way and not always have the thought in the back of my head, he can do so much better than a fat short woman like me. I don't want to have to back away from him anymore with the lights turned on when he touches me. I want to enjoy my marriage as much as I should be able to.

That is why, after 5 years of chickening out and coming up with reason not to, on August 18, 2008 I am finally having the Lap Band surgery done. I have to travel about 2 1/2 hours West of where I live to have it done, but the distance doesn't matter to me. I know this needs to be done and I am overly excited about finally having it done. I know the band will not work by itself that I too have to do my part and I am more than willing to do my part. I am finally going to get my life back on track and be the happy woman I once was when I was 19 yrs. old.

If there is anyone out there that would like to help me through these next 2 weeks and 3 days while I am counting down to my surgery, I assure you, I will not turn you away. I don't care if it's that you want to share with me what you went through before and after the surgery, or if it's just you have butterflies in your stomach while waiting for your surgery date. I would love to talk to someone about what everyone here on this site is about to go through, is going through, or has gone through, "the biggest chance in our lives, getting it back and taking over.

:scared2::cursing:

Hi Stacy, I am a mother of one beautiful and active 14 yr old and the wife of a wonderful, supportive man. I know exactly where you are coming from. That was me last Aug. I was banded on May 1 of this year and have lost about 30 pounds. People ask me all the time if I think I made the right choice to have the surgery and I always tell them that it was the best decision I've ever made. I had struggled for a long time with my weight and tried everything also. At first my family thought I was crazy to even consider it but then after explaining the whole thing to them many times, they finally got it! Congratulations on making it this far in the program and getting your surgery date. Whenever you need to chat, feel free to mail me...I can't answer every question I am sure but I will help you all I can.