Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September Banders?

Hi Carol...

GET EXCITED!!! A few more days!!! WOOOHOOO!!! You will do great.

My doc allows me to drink anything I COULD easily get through a straw but DO NOT USE A STRAW. :girl_hug:

I have used gatorade, Water, water with those pour in flavored things...Crystal Light..etc..., melted milkshake, Protein Shakes (love vanilla Myoplex from EAS), vanilla Protein Powder have added to : milk, yogurt, sugar free pudding, applesauce, mashed potatoes. Sugar free popcicles, soups!!!

Im set to be banded the 30th of this month... sounds far away but it's TUESDAY... but doing the medifast all soy extra Protein thing is kickin my butt... Anyone with any tips? I've done it for a week already and only have a few days to go (2wks total) I've HONESTLY not cheated on it, but I've sadly skipped the soy products all together for something more tolerable... like Water lol

I didnt really ever remember what it felt like to be 'hungry' but now... good grief, I'm wanting to eat things that I dont usually even like... Am I normal???

I'm doing this and it's all gonna be worth it right???

I am totally with you Marcie!

I work nights and broke down yesterday...ate a Lean cuisine. I was feeling week and dizzy. This is going to be interesting when I have the band. I have been creative with the shakes (but it is hard to do at work).

Hi. It is going to be worth it!!! I was supposed to be on my pre-op diet for 3 weeks but went to Houston for my surgery. It had to be postponed because of Hurricane Ike... so I was on pre-op diet for 4 weeks. It is not easy but you guys can do it. I had to have a shake for Breakfast, a shake for lunch, and then I could have 6 to 8 oz. of Protein, 1 cup of fruit, and unlimited green vegetables for dinner. Staying on the pre-op will help you get ready for the post-op. I am on the Clear Liquids stage right now and that is truly all I get. Saturday I start the liquids stage, so I can add Soups, and yogurt. I wish you good luck with your pre-op diets, your surgery, and your recovery. It is so worth it and before you know it, you will be eating healthy foods that you like (smaller portions of course) and appreciating them oh so much. Keep smiling!!!! Becky

I'm also one week out (9/17) and am having alot of pain like you described in what I'm assuming is the port site. I would love to hear from others that have gone through this to find out if it is normal? I had my surgery in Mexico and am done with the pain medicine I was given. I am taking liquid Tylenol but it is just not cutting the pain. Does anyone have any advise or words of encouragement that this is all just part of the recovery process or should I be worried?

I never asked....

Can I just be a September Samurai or do I have to ask?

I was so excited to find this board and be a member of this community I just assumed.........

:confused:

Hi sash!!!! Of course you can be a September Samurai!!! How are you??? I am finally home and doing pretty well. Not much pain, but still pretty tired. What is new with you?? Not too much longer now. Are you getting excited?? Keep in touch!!! Becky

I never asked....

Can I just be a September Samurai or do I have to ask?

I was so excited to find this board and be a member of this community I just assumed.........

:smile:

Welcome aboard! How are you? I am so excited too. Actually, I think we all are. Everyone has been really great so feel free to ask questions, offer opinions, or just study. Good luck on your journey! :confused:

Thanks ya'll!

I'm glad to see you made it home safe Becky!

Good luck on your surgery slim-n-tn!

I am getting excited.

This next 4 days will be hard to wait.

Thanks ya'll!

I'm glad to see you made it home safe Becky!

Good luck on your surgery slim-n-tn!

I am getting excited.

This next 4 days will be hard to wait.

Good luck to you in 4 days. It will come sooner than you think. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

The last few days are the hardest on the opti-fast; but hang in there everyone!

I was banded on 9/23/08 in St. Pete Florida.

I was doing great in the hospital!!! up and walking, no pain, everthing was great, then I had a three hour car ride home, and I've been really sore, nothing unbearable, just sore and aching. The gas-x is wonderful, I bought the dissolve on your tongue form, since I don't like liquid meds, for pain, I chopped up a pain pill and took it in pieces with lots of Water. Worked fine!

during my first night home, I was soooo dry mouth I ate SF popcicles and drank alot of water. Which in turn made me spend alot of time in the bathroom!!! LOL!!!

Today I feel much better, and I will try to move around more today.

It's so good to be on here with fellow bandsters ... we can do this!

We're on a way ... look out world here we come!:confused:

I just got home from my overnight stay at the hospital. The surgery went well and I am happy to be home. I was surprised to wake up to almost no pain and didn't run into any the first night at all. The only pain I had was in my back because of my position on the bed in the PACU.

This second day is a bit rougher.. but not bad. The Loritab liquid takes care of any pain within a couple minutes. I guess its all better from here!!! I am so far able to handle 5oz each hour. Alternating between a shake and other liquid each hour. So far so good.