Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September Banders?

You go girl ! Your have a wonderful attitude and the good Lord will

take care of the rest... Don't you worry. Just focus and put all you energy to being slim and beautiful... soon. We're all praying for you

and you community and hope all is safe.

MartiXLardy

My surgery date my change , I am in the process of changing doctors, So I will go and meet wtih my new surgeon on tomorrow and hope he can just transfer my authorization # over to him ??? I have gotten all my medical records from the other surgeon already so I dont have to pay for all those test again . I still have not cancelled my procedure for the 19 yet I will as soon as I get things squared away tomorrow. wish me luck... I will need it !!!!!!!!!!

I'm scheduled for surgery September 29th. Next week I go for my clearance exam but hopefully, it should go well. I've been trying to get everything I need in the house to prepare for my knew way of eating. It's really exciting.:rolleyes2:

Austex, I hope things work out for you. Was there a reason you were switching doctors?

Edited by caelyn
addressing who it's meant for.

They have blendable protien shakes and Ready to Go (RTG) in cans.....I love the whey Gourmet Blendable mix...I got Cookies N Cream.....but they have MANY flavors....big cannister too. YUMMOSO!!!!!!

Joy

I am sooooooooo glad I could help you, as this site has helped me a lot.....her book is my Nut's bible.."Before & After", by Susan Maria Leach....she journals her RNY (eventho we are getting banded, it still applies) from days before until success! Then she has 130+ good recipes for post op thru regular life.....the recipes are on her site too. The book is cheap, paperback and everywhere! I'm reading it AGAIN this weekend as my surg. is Mon! :sad: In the Blendable protiens, the whey Gourmet Cookies N Cream is awesome. I got 6 bottles of the DaVince flavor syrups, and the Isopure clear....you CANNOT tase it.....I Promise. In the RTD , I love the bannana Lambada and canned Extreme vanilla. I am adicted to that site! My Doc says Centrum chewables silver Vitamins are good enough but I got the sample box of hers. He said we do not need all that as we are NOT RNY and still absorb some nutrients!..But I'm sure going to take what I bought. The puddings and stuff I will buy at grocery this week-end. GO GET THAT BOOK....it is sooooo POSITIVE!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! :) Joy

Hi Joy,

I order from that site also. I ordered her beginners kit that had the book and a whole variety of shakes to sample. I also ordered the lemon flavored chewable vitamins for lapband paitients. I love her site too.

Well, NinaWoo, I am very hungry on the liquid only pre-op diet. 4 carnation instant breakfasts a day plus sugar free Jello and popsicles and bouillon if I want. And my BMI was 34.8 when I started - but my doctor uses a one size fits all approach I guess.

Edited by Cleo's Mom
not finished

Hi All!

Just got my insurance approval! My Drs. office called and set up September 8 for my LapBand! I can't wait!:)

Maybe we could share our journey together!

Hello can you please tell me how you got your ticker to copy and paste correctly and the glitter words also. Some how when I paste it only gives me the hyperlink help please!

Well, NinaWoo, I am very hungry on the liquid only pre-op diet. 4 carnation instant breakfasts a day plus sugar free Jello and popsicles and bouillon if I want. And my BMI was 34.8 when I started - but my doctor uses a one size fits all approach I guess.

Hello Cleo, I know what you mean about being hungry on the Pre-op diet. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done but it really prepared my for my Post-0p but my pre-op was better than yours I think I could have the following:

Breakfast-a slimfast shake

morning snack-small piece of fruit

lunch-slimfast shake

afternoon snack- small piece of fruit

dinner-3oz of chicken breat or fish (lean meat) a baked potato or 6 crackers or two slices of bread, a veggie

late night snack- small piece of fruit

Now veggies were unlimited and could be eaten at any time except for (corn,mashed potatoes,beans and peas)

drinks non-caloric beverages, no alcohol

coffee,tea,crystal light, sugar free kool-aid and Water

I hope that this is helpful. I lost a total of 12 pounds.

Tell me about the carnation drinks

Does it have high Protein?

What are the flavors?

Do they taste good?

Hi all ...

I m done ... did it this morning ... went very smooth , 1 hours surgury , 6 hours in the hospital left the hospital feeling very good ... no pain, just a little discomfort ... no shoulder pain yet , bloated a lot but so far it is not a big issue....

Now starts the cool stuff and the loss ....

Hey Nina

I was banded 5 days ago. Just went and got the carnation instant Breakfast. I think the chocolate is really good and feels u up fast. I would recommend it for the liquid diet after the surgery. Also I have had oatmeal and then puree it with a little milk and brn sugar Splenda. Good luck to you , my surgery went great and I am so glad I got it done!

susan

I think I'm going to order those Vitamins too....Thank u for telling me about them...I had not seen them....can't imagine why not...I spend a fortune there.............I LOVE the Whey Gourmet "Cookies N Cream"......Have u tried any of her bars or chips.....of course that will be a while 'til I can have as my surgery is Monday! YAAAAAY!............

:wink_smile: Joy

You go girl....can't believe u are posting the day of surgery....you are "THE WOMAN".......Congratulations and I hope all continues to go GREAT for you. My big day is this Monday! :wink_smile:

Joy

Edited by Joy1
sp

September 24th