Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Submitted to Aetna Today

I was finally submitted to Insurance Today. I am praying that it does not take to long to get approval.. I have heard some people are approved in 1 day and others in 30 hope mine is closer to the 1 day mark :biggrin: In January I decided I wanted the surgery and was unable to attend the seminar until March. I then started my 3 month Diet and thought I would be submitted once I was done with the Diet at the end of June, but instead it took my Dr. office a month to get my Records together.. Now I hope that I don't have to wait another month to hear back from Aetna.. If anyone has any advice on how they handled the wait I would love to hear from you

Hi TMBOWE, I have Aetna insurance also. Did you PCP place on the 3 month diet or the surgeon? What type of diet was the 3 mo diet? Aetna has 2 criterion: 6 mo or 3 mo supervised diet. Who decides whether you will do the 6 month diet or 3 mo diet? I have initial appt with surgeon on next week. Wish me luck.:biggrin:

Hi tm

i too am waiting for my results to be sent to the ins co.. I an only advise you to keep the faith and know it will be in god's time, which i know will be soon for both of us. Good luck

sdpatt39. Good luck on your consult I know right before mine I was a nervous wreck. After I went to my consult they went ahead and submitted me it Aetna without the diet and Aetna came back and told me to do either the 3 or 6 month diet.. Because I wanted to have the surgery this yr. I decided to do the 3 month supervised diet. My PCP. referred my to a dietician and I gave her the guidlines of the 3 month diet she seen me every 2 weeks and covered everything that they required. I noticed on this website some people seen an excercise therapist.. I did not do this..The dietician would tell me what excercises to do, she had me keep a food journal and put me on a low cal diet we worked on changing me behavior by trying to eat slower and watch portion size, then when I would see her we would go over what I did and what I needed to do different. I lost 6 lbs at the beginning but gained it back at the end. I hope this is enough for them as soon as I hear back I will let you know. and I will keep you all in my prayers that you too get approved through aetna

Submitted info to the surgeon, AETNA said 90 days (sounds better than saying 3 months...but whatever) on a medically supervised weight loss program. Hittin' the gym 3 or 4 times a week now until October...then gonna band it up. No biggie, already had been on a reduced calorie diet, so easy there with the nutritionist. Lovin' the workin out again, gettin excited for the end results after all is said and done. Your surgeon should have a knowledgeable staff that knows the insurance companies hoops to jump through. Just follow 'em to a T and it'll go down without a hitch. :cursing:

I am still waiting on my approval from Aetna. I was submitted on 08-01-08 but nothing yet.. I have been calling them everyother day and keep getting I am pending.. WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO TAKE SO LONG.. Does anyone else seem to be having this problem

I had BCBS at my old job and will eventually have Aetna at my new job after my 90-day probation period is over. I had the surgery right before I left my old job and will have my fills covered under COBRA during the 90 day period.

I am curious to see if my employer's Aetna plan will cover my fills and if there is a wait period for pre-existing conditions (since for Aetna it will be considered as such).

I'm not an insurance expert, BeTheBudda, but about 5 months ago, I got off COBRA and onto my new company's plan. My understanding is that if you keep the COBRA and move to a group plan, then it's not considered a preexisting condition. The continued insurance coverage is the key. If you had a break in coverage, it's a preexisting condition for the duration of the break. At least that's why my COBRA people told me. Good luck! I also have Aetna and so far it's been pretty good coverage. :Banane37: