Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im a Cheater!!! Ive done did a bad thing!

I cheated. I confess. I really tired to hold it together through this liquid diet thing. I started my Clear liquid diet on Last Thus and last night(sat) i couldnt stand it anymore...i have to get an ultimate cheeseburger from Jack In The Box. I really tried...i almost cried over it. This is bad....now i know how i got this big...im definately realizing whenever im stressed i get cravings like a pregnant woman.

So then today i said to myself....im gonna do better i dont need this and i can fight this...so i took my fiance and took him to see 2 movies today. We saw Madagacar and Monster In Law.....welllllllllllll little did i know the urge of movie theater popcorn would be in my face...so i did it again i got popcorn. I could scream i feel so guilty....i felt like goin into the bathroom and pukin it up...sorry for TMI everyone...i think i seriously have an issue with food. This is the hardest thing i have ever done in my life hands down.

I need some strength. I hope my liver isnt too big because i cheated on my clear liquid diet. I will be religeous about it from now on...ive made the promise to myself and my fiance is tryin to help me get through this.

I hope 3 good clear liquid diet days will be sufficiant for my liver to go down enough. Anyone bigger and have no problem with surgery after only a few days of the liquid diet...im scared i may have just ruined everything for me...why am i so weak!!!!

Sorry i had to vent..someone please respond...i really do need some input...

Thou art banished from LBT!

Just kidding. Don't do it anymore. It isn't worth it. Okay the popcorn wasn't worth it but the Ultimate Cheeseburger from JITB WAS worth it!!!! Sorry. That's a toughie for me, too. Avoid Jack, you can still keep it together until surgery date. You CAN do this!!!!

OHhhhhh I am in the same boat. It is hard. Tomorrow I have to do all Clear Liquids bc i am being banded on Tuesday morning. I have tried but not been that successful. I have a BMI of 39, so I hope my liver is fine. When is your band date?

Thank you....i keep thinking that the Dr is gonna go in and say "stitch her up, she shoulda dieted...." and ill leave with no band. :-( makes me feel like a failure......

Believe me girl, I know what u mean! We aren't failures, we might suck at this liquid diet but we arent failures! If we could diet and stick to it 100%,hmmmm we wouldnt be having WLS, right? You have lost 5 lbs so far, u still have time!!!

Sometimes posts on LBT make me happy, other times they make me sad. I'm sad to hear you didn't have the willpower, but I completely understand. As they say in Overeater's Anonymous, "food is cunning, baffling, powerful." food rules my world, which is the reason I got the band.

Make sure to be honest with your surgeon. I had the same fear that my doc wouldn't operate on me since I was supposed to follow a low-fat diet for one week prior to surgery. I only did good on 1/2 the days, but I had a couple regular binge episodes. I almost cried when I had to confess to him that I couldn't even stick with one week's dieting, but he was very comforting and just said, "don't worry, this new Band is going to help you."

So he operated anyway. The way I understand it is that any experience doctor should be able to handle a larger liver. Sure, it makes the procedure easier if your liver is smaller, but a good doc shouldn't have a problem. My surgeon told me it just makes the procedure easier, but a good surgeon shouldn't be afraid of a big liver.

Start building a list of phone numbers. Next time you feeling like you can't control yourself, lock yourself in a room with the phone.

I dont feel like i have the underdtanding support of someone in MY situation to pick up the phone and call at a time like that. I wish I did, though. Thanks, Delarla for the good idea!

I have a few people i can call...mainly i need to get my mind on other things....like my daughter and my reason for doing this....i just kept makin excuses to eat something small.....argh

You can call ME any time! Just PM me and I'll give you my number. I mean to collect a list of people from LBT, right here. I've got a whole list of banded friends that I drive nuts when the going gets rough.

The first step is admitting you did somehing wrong so you'll be ok.

During my 14 day pre-op diet I said forget this and had a small piece of food like a Whopper Jr without the bottom bun. Then it was much easier after that.

Krystal....you CAN do this! I am one of the weakest willed people around....I know I am or I wouldn't have let myself get this big. This might sound super silly to you but this is how I got through the two weeks of my preop clear liquid diet. I would look at pictures on this website of people before and after, that did a world of good for me and my will power. I can't wait to have my photos proudly posted here right along with them. Also, I would think of all the people that have done this before me and they liked eating as much as I do and they did it....so can you Krystal! I'm living proof that you can do it...I did. One day during my 2 weeks clear liquid I wanted some Peanut Butter so bad I thought I was gonna die! I mean I could think of nothing but peanut butter so I went to the store and bought a jar and got it home and just smelled the dickens out of it! I kept my nose stuck in the darn jar most of the day but I didn't taste it...I just kept getting what I call "smelly bites". I could smell that peanut butter and remember how it tasted and that seemed to help. Honestly, you can do this. I never thought I could give up my 8 to 10 cans of diet Dr. Pepper habit a day and I did. It's been one month and 3 days without one. Just to give you some encouragement....since April 27th I have lost 41.5 pounds. You can do this...when you feel like folding and giving in to a temptation, just think how many of us have done and it you'll fall right into step with us. I remember thinking how could I ever give up my daily habit of eating peanut butter cups but three days after my surgery I went to the grocery store and walked past the candy display and all I could think of was....this lousy candy was what helped get me in this shape and I swear, I haven't craved candy since then. I know I'm making it sound easier than it really is but Krystal, you can do it. Hang in there, Kiddo, you have a lot of people on your side and I'm sure one of them!

Hey Krystal-

Hang in there band birthday buddy. Just remember, it won't get any harder, it will only get better.

I can surely empathy with the theater popcorn. My DH and I went and saw Star Wars, Episode III today. I couldn't get away from the popcorn. That's going to be extremely hard for me 'cuz I'm a popcorn person. Love airpopped the best.

But my surgeon hasn't put me on any type of liquid diet. I asked him last week and he said just don't have a last supper and splurge on everything. I don't look at this as having a "last supper", because I'll be able to eat whatever I want in major moderation, after my stomach has gotten use to the band. I may not want popcorn..... but I know I can have it.

I plan go to full liquids tomorrow. But I have already cut down big time on my serving portions. In fact, when we went out at noon, I had a cup of egg drop Soup instead of a whole chinese platter of food. But nerves may get to me before Thursday. Hang in there!

I think that when we think in terms of "cheating," it means that, in some way, it's a kind of game we're playing and the REAL issue is if we can do what we're used to doing without getting caught. Which isn't what this is about.

(And when I use the word "we," I am including myself.)

Just a point of view...