Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Voile! I'm approved and guess what

I'm retired military with Tricare insurance. In May I visited with the surgeon and he said they would send package to Tricare for approval. He said they would reply within 45 days. :mellow:

I waited, then contacted the doctor's office after 45 days. Nada. They said they would contact Tricare and send the package again. :biggrin: I waited. This last Monday 27 July, 2008, I called the provider again, and they said they were still waiting. Then, I contacted the Tricare number the provider gave me and after being shifted from hither to there, it was concluded they didn't have any request from the provider. I got the fax number from them and called giving it to the provider's office. They then, for the third time, so they said, faxed it to Tricare. Two days later I called the right Tricare office and was told approved along with the authorization Number. Called the Doctor's office with that information. :angry:

I bought the Doctor's Protein Powder and started the pre-op diet two weeks ago, on a gamble. My surgery is Monday, August 4th. Tricare approved in three days. I could have had this surgery in May if I'd gotten involved immediately and not just expected things to go right. Hidden in this dietrite is a message I think.:thumbup::thumbup:

It's sad to say but unless you get involved...things don't go as smoothly as it should!!

Congrats on your approval and surgery date!!

All I can say is AWESOME!!!!!! I am hoping for a Mid September surgery date, I had my initial visit today and am really excited. I will take the cue from you and keep in constant contact the doctor's office AND the insurance company! Can't wait to hear how you do with your surgery.

I went to a band seminar a few weeks ago - the person running it said that she found Tricare very time consuming to deal with. Glad you got involved and got the results you needed.

I'm finding much the same issue. The waiting game. I'm finding that if I don't stay on top of the surgical group and all of the other related doctor's file and information gathering, this process could very easily go astray. I find it irritating, but at the same time, if I had to rely on anyone to do this for me, I could be two years out, rather than two months. I'm making it clear with the group I'm having the surgery done through that I have a short window of opportunity within the next two months that I need to fit this into and so far, it seems that they are being responsive. It seems that if I show the active interest that I have thus far, they will see that I am very serious about this and will push things through more readily. Of course, I'm still waiting on some things, but I guarantee you that I'll be on the phone on Tuesday if I don't hear anything from anyone tomorrow!