Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone - Young Mom here

I am a 24 year old mom of 2. 29 months and 13 months, both boys. I have been married for 4 years next week and never thought I'd apply for lap band or gastric bypass.

I am happy with who I am BUT after having my second child, I can not lose weight (i lost all the baby weight twice - nothing past that).

I am currently 265, 5'7. BMI of 41.8. My body yo-yos with 7lbs.. so I could be 257-265 at any given time.

I have tried weight watchers, but have a major problem with "feeling" full. I drink tons of Water but never have the full feeling. <---- which surgery does that mean they'll reccomend?

My mom had GB 5 years ago and she's kept at least 100lbs off, but she still is a bad eater.

My family and I eat a TON of fresh foods - mostly fruits.

Shamefully our kids eat better than us. We have taught them that there is no dessert after dinner and that you don't eat if you're not hungry and definitly DONT CLEAR YOUR PLATE to get something else.

My orientation is in Richmond next Tuesday. I have food allergies (thanks to my second son) to sulfates/sulfites and have to keep a 1 week food diary.

What's the process after the orientation? I have orientation and then an appointment with another gal that afternoon - she said that way I dont have to drive twice.

My main thing is I want to look the way I feel and more so FEEL the way I feel inside. I want the energy to be mobile with my kids and I want to be able to just eat what I need not more. I often don't get the "Im stuffed" feeling, not even after buffets!

I am an entrepenuer. My husband and I own a construction company in Solano County. I am a Passion Parties consultant and own my own home parties advertising website.

I want to get this over with before I get older. My PCP suggested the surgery last year (about 8 weeks after birth), but I went on phentermine. It didn't work this time (tried it before from online doctors). A year later I came back because I hadn't lost any weight - to which he said "You lost 60 lbs lol". - yeah.. that was the pregnancy weight - I meant I hadn't lost anymore lol!

So that's where I am at right now. Keeping a food diary for next Tuesday..

Any advice? I have Kaiser :rolleyes:

Anyone have advice on what it costs? I have employee coverage until End of august (what does orientation cost) and then I'll be on the step's plan 40 :thumbdown:

Welcome!

It sounds like the lap band would be a good choice for you. Your BMI is not too terribly high and you seem to understand the concept of watching what you eat which you will still need to do...the band will just help you be full on small amounts of food and keep you from overeating. It is safer and less invasive than gastric bypass.

For me there was the seminar then a one-on-one consultation with my surgeon where I weighed in, had my insurance submitted, discussed the process leading up to surgery (tests, diet/nutritionist, psych eval, sleep study etc.) and discussed what to expect with the surgery and afterwards. Made my appointments with the in-house psychiatrist and nutritionist and that was about it.

My surgeon gave a cost breakdown at the seminar. The cost is different depending on your surgeon and where you live. I am Northern Virginia the cost of living is fairly high here and the surgery is $17,500.00.

If your "orientation" is the same as my "consultation", I can tell you that I was charged a $375 non-refundable fee which I paid out of pocket...this is included in the above figure.

hello im a young mom 24 also i have 2 boys 3years and 17 months i have always been overweight but since my second child im even more over weight i loose a bit than put it back on again im from uk so i am a self pay patient boked in for 23 sept im travelling to belguim though because it is to expensive here in england but so far im really glad i decided that im doing this and everyone is being really supportive and positive glad that i will be able to run around with my boys with out sweating and getting out of breath .

Hello I'm also new as well. I intend to be banded soon. I'm so glad I found this site. It is so comforting to hear about others experiences.

Thanks everyone! Thank god I'm signed up for this orientation because I almost cried when I didn't fit on one of the rides at six flags :biggrin: Now i carry my weight very well...