Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 days post banding and STARVING - Is this normal?

Thanks for posting this. I'd wondered if it was normal to feel so hungry.

My diet hasnt been as limited as yours, I started taking chewable Vitamins the day I returned home.

And its nice to see so many responses.

that is awesome about the weight loss i want to know how you did that??:wink2:
I really don't know, I guess It was a pretty strict 2wk pre op diet (13lbs) and then i've been on liquids since surgery. (10lbs) total of 23 as of this morning. I start mushies today. guess the weight loss will slow down. I know i need to walk more and i'll be doing that as of today.

I'm on mushies now and finely not hungry, I really feel better and starting to get my energy back. hang in there everyone you'll get there. sometimes it doesn't seem like it but i promise you will :smile:

I had surgery on 7/23 and for the first 10 days I was on thin fluids...I tell ya, there were times when I was SO hungry! In fact I had creamed Soup 2 days early because I was so hungry. Now that I'm on full liquids, my hunger is under control. I will get to start mushies in a week, yippy! I'm down 20 pounds from the pre-op diet and since being banded. Whoo-hoo!

That's great! A BIG WHOO-HOO from me to you :cool2:

I had the surgery on the 25th i feel great but am hungry to i just hope when i go to the dr he moves me to the next stage of food like eggs and mushies i just can not eat any more Jello or drink any more protien shakes but i have lost 14 pounds so that is a good thing i guess =0)

I have not been banded yet, but am also wondering how I am going to have any energy to do anything after surgery, especially if I have to go back to work right away....

I think one thing that helped me was being able to chew a Multivitamin within a day or two.

Ask you doctor about that though because doctors have different opinions about taking Vitamins right away.

I was banded 8/4 and was not hungry at all the first 2 days. I have been really really hungry on full liquids. I wake up in the middle of the night hungry/ I have even dreaming about food and being at a restaurant where nobody ever comes to wait on me or there is food sitting it front of me and it isn't mine, somebody hadn't finished their meal. :thumbup: Yesterday made egg drop Soup using cream of mushroom soup and that seemed to do the trick. I figured that was better than eating something like the 1/2 gallon of ice cream in the freezer.

I have been on so many starvation diets this brings back a lot of old memories. I am afraid of drinking too much as I do not want to stretch my pouch but I do not feel restricted at all.

Glad to hear i am not alone. :thumbup: