Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I give up whats the use

I have been trying for two years to lose weight for this surgery and i have medical problems that keepme form losing the weight I have gotton as far as 4 lbs from goal and then swell and it puts me up 4 or five lbs .I 'm tierd of trying .I wish all of you the best of luck with your surgery .

Jazzey

I have been trying for two years to lose weight for this surgery and i have medical problems that keepme form losing the weight I have gotton as far as 4 lbs from goal and then swell and it puts me up 4 or five lbs .I 'm tierd of trying .I wish all of you the best of luck with your surgery .

Jazzey

You need to find a surgeon who does not require weight loss pre-op. They are out there and data is on their side.

Don't give up. There has to be other options out there. As Mac said, find another surgeon who does not require weight loss prior to surgery. Give it another try!

What type of diet are you on? How many calories a day do you consume? What types of medications are you on for your ailments?

My insurance is kaiser and that is their rules how ever I am changing to aetna in Nov open season.kaiser has denied me a c pap machine and wheel chair all because of whereI live So I'm changing in Nov.

If you know what plan you will be on with Aetna, you can take a look ahead of time to see what their requirements are. It could be better or worse than your current insurance.

I have checked It out all ready before I made my choice I checked ot blue cross also .I have did my home work

Don't give up. What do you mean, What's the use? You are important and your health is what's the use.

Contrary to what people outside of the banded circle think, this is hard and takes a lot of dedication and discipline. We don't have the band as another "magic" solution to lose weight. It can be a long and difficult journey when you have to change your lifestyle, eating habits, old way of thinking, whatever the case may be.

Your health and happiness is what's important here. Maybe start a food journal if you haven't already, and write down every morsal you put in your mouth. When I started doing so, I found I put more in my mouth than I thought. Look for those hidden calories. Walk a little more. Drink plenty of fluids. And make sure you are eating enough. I know that may sound silly but sometimes in an attempt to lose weight we try to starve ourselves which causes the body to retain Fluid because it doesn't want to let go of the weight. We have taught our bodies how to be bigger for so long, now we have to work harder to un-teach them and teach them a healthier lifestyle.

Don't give up, we are all here for support.

Sincerely,

Stephanie

Don't give up! If you give up now what will the future bring? If 4-5 pounds have you feeling this way what will added weight to do your outlook? You are more then worth it! Weight issues are so very exhausting, Lord knows we have all felt the frustration related to it. DON'T GIVE IT!!! <please>

Thank you I never looked at That way and It does make sense.The sergern was so In sinsative to me and My husband bringing in KFC and other things Ishould not have It is so hard he make's me think he is trying to sabbtize every thing i do

Thank you Jazz

I'm on the 1200 cal diet they gave me I take Insulin 70/30,lasix,atenolol,amlodipine,cozaar,allopurinol,hydrochlorothiazide

among others,

Jazzey,

It's OK to feel discouraged occasionally - this is a TOUGH battle we are fighting here. But, don't give up! You are important, and worth every effort it takes to reach your goal! This is a fight you want to win!

While I'm talking 'military', here's a thought. When the fighting forces take a STAND, it is not a passive thing. A military stand is an action - planning, training, practicing, evaluating and re-evaluating, considering all possible options and how to deal with any contingency.

So, take a stand, and decide how to cope with anything that might come your way...KFC or whatever. If you can think ahead, it might make it easier to face those kinds of issues.

I am also trying very hard to be positive about those things...instead of saying 'I can't have', I'm trying to say 'I choose NOT to eat that because I know I will feel better and be healthier if I don't' It's still hard, but there is a sense of accomplishment when I make it an active choice, instead of the oh, so common feeling of deprivation.

Hang in there! You can do this!

Aetna requires that you see a dr or nurse practitioner and a nutritionist for 6 months to try to loose the weight, they do not require to actually loose the weight, although going to them does help it come off, I lost most of my pre surgery weight after the dr scheduled my surgery and told me I had 2 1/2 weeks to lose 8lbs. Well it was the light at the end of the tunnel for me, I dropped everything and had protien shakes 2 a day and only ate lunch, which was salad with something high in Protein like tuna or chicken. I was actually down 11lbs on surgery date.

I have aetna so I know exactly what they needed, also my dr. office was great about getting it covered, I never even spoke to anyone at Aetna.

I am joing Aetna In Nov that is the open season.it won't be effective until jan .Thanks for the insight .have you had any problems with them ?