Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1cc fill and a week later eating more.

I was banded may 21st 2008 and got my 1st fill last monday. For that week i was able to eat just 2 oz of food and was happy. Now im in a bad spot... im able to eat more. So whats the deal? why is this happening? Im still trying to eat 2 oz but its hard. Im not longer happy with 2 oz. Should i get another fill sooner then my next doc appointment? I think the next time i see him is around mid aug. Some advice would be great im kinda getting down on myself.

~~jessica :)

I got my first fill (4 cc's) two weeks ago, and I was the same way. I couldn't eat much at all the first few days, but then every day I was able to eat a little more. I got my second fill yesterday (1 cc for a total of 5 cc's) and I asked the doctor about it. She told me it is because the fills cause your stomach to swell, and then when the swelling goes down you're able to eat more. And by the way, I think you should be eating more than 2 oz. anyway....I was told 4-6 oz. was the goal when you reach your "sweet spot". I know right now I'm supposed to eat until I'm full, and then when I go to get fills they ask how much it takes to get full, and based on that and a few other things they decide if I need a fill or not. But I know that every doctor is different, so just ask them. I hope you get it figure out soon, good luck!

OK, what's the deal? How much food are we supposed to eat? I hear 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, 1 cup, 2 oz, 4 oz, etc. It seems to me that an adult should be able to eat at least 1 cup of food a meal. Is the goal to live off of 6 oz of food a day?

Im trying so hard to stick to 2 oz ( 1/4 ) b/c i think that would be best for weight loss. But as of this week i know its gonna be very hard to do it. I think im gonna have to move it up to 4 oz ( 1/2 cup ) and contact my doc. thanks for the input!

~~jessica

Hi,

I was banded 5/29/08 and lost 14 lbs in 6 days and was told that I was not eating enough because I was dizzy and listless. I was given a food list which included all of the different food groups, i.e, meat, MILK, STARCH, fruit, VEGETABLE and FAT. Within each FOOD GROUP were instructions on how much of that group to include in each meal of 3 meals a day. For instance a meal should consist of 1 oz of meat or 1/2 cup of Beans or 1 egg from the meat group AND 1 cup of ff milk or 3/4 cup of ff yogurt from the milk group AND 1 slice of toast or 3/4 cup of Cereal or 1/2 yam or 1/2 cuo of rice from the starch group AND 1/2 banana or 1/2 small fruit from the fruit group AND 1/2 cup cooked veggies or 1 cup raw veggies AND ff mayo, marginere, etc. AND this you eat for 3 meals and it sure adds up to more than 2 or even 4 ounces. But of course you only eat until you are full which should be for about 20-25 minutes. Add all the Water we are to drink and we should stay pretty full. I don't know how much I have lost altogether but I just ordered a scale but I know I am folding my pants over and have them pulled up to my breasts with my belt in the last notch. AND I feel GREAT!!! Good Luck and BLESSINGS to us all!!:)

Hi,

I was banded 5/29/08 and lost 14 lbs in 6 days and was told that I was not eating enough because I was dizzy and listless. I was given a food list which included all of the different food groups, i.e, meat, MILK, STARCH, fruit, VEGETABLE and FAT. Within each FOOD GROUP were instructions on how much of that group to include in each meal of 3 meals a day. For instance a meal should consist of 1 oz of meat or 1/2 cup of Beans or 1 egg from the meat group AND 1 cup of ff milk or 3/4 cup of ff yogurt from the milk group AND 1 slice of toast or 3/4 cup of Cereal or 1/2 yam or 1/2 cuo of rice from the starch group AND 1/2 banana or 1/2 small fruit from the fruit group AND 1/2 cup cooked veggies or 1 cup raw veggies AND ff mayo, marginere, etc. AND this you eat for 3 meals and it sure adds up to more than 2 or even 4 ounces. But of course you only eat until you are full which should be for about 20-25 minutes. Add all the Water we are to drink and we should stay pretty full. I don't know how much I have lost altogether but I just ordered a scale but I know I am folding my pants over and have them pulled up to my breasts with my belt in the last notch. AND I feel GREAT!!! Good Luck and BLESSINGS to us all!!:)

Congrats on doing so well. How do you resist weighing yourself? I am obsessive about it. I do it several times a day and I NEVER skip a day of weighing myself. I know it's terrible but it's an obsession I can't seem to break. I did successfully break it early this year (didn't weigh myself for 3 months) and during that time I gained the most weight I had ever gained so I'm afraid to not weigh myself.

I agree. 2 ounces is no where near enough food. I hope you realize that if you eat to little you won't lose. You will slow your metabolism down to a standstill and do yourself no good at all. I eat about 1/2 to 1 1/2 cups of food at a time. It depends on the density of what I'm eating and the time of day. My doctor requires it to keep my metabolism going. Especially since I exercise vigorously and regularly. this also increases the metabolism. I'm due for a fill, and will probably go back to a one cup limit afterwards. I've lost quite well, and am healthy and fit, which is why I did this in the first place. Quality of life. Starving myself was not what I considered quality of life. I'm big on nutrition and found a surgeon with a philosophy that matched mine. I wanted to be like a normal person, and enjoy my life. I'm doing just that.

I eat around 1/2 c at a time, BUT I try to eat every 3 hours. I find that I am not hungry and I am still losing.