Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 Months & 60 Lbs down

Today is my 6 month Banniversay!

I'm down 60 lbs, which is awesome.

But you know that little voice inside my head wont shut up ... I'm so scared I'm going to gain the weight back.

For now, I've gotten rid of all the clothing in my closet that is big for me, and yes, I worry, what if I gain it back and I need the larger size clothing again.

I'm amazed at the weight loss and I'm eager to see where I am at my 1 year Banniversay.

I think that's a fear a lot of us have. I've lost, and gained back, around 100 pounds.... three times over the last 20-25 years. So who could blame me for having that fear? But.... I try to remind myself that I am making lifestyle changes, not "dieting". I also know that when I reach my goal weight, I can keep my band filled to help me continue my Portion Control. The healthy choices are up to me.... but already I don't see how I could ever go back to eating all that fatty, unhealthy stuff.

Don't worry about the future.... lay a good solid foundation now for your healthy lifestyle (sounds like you already have) and don't think of it as a diet. Just think of it as your way of life. You will be fine!

I've been told that so long as you keep the band in the "sweet spot" you don't gain back what you've lost. So don't worry, enjoy! Give away those clothes that were too big and never look back!

You are doing great. Get the dieting mentality out of you. You will not gain it back with good and balanced restriction and nutrition. You are doing great. Congrats.

congrats!!! That is so awesome & exciting. My goal is to lose 60 pounds within 6 months. Around 10 a month! Did you exercise a lot also? Or mainly just changed your eating habits? I'll be banded August 18th, almost 3 weeks. I am so so so excited.

I think about "what if i gain it all back after I lose it" too! But, I feel good about it, and I think I'll feel REALLY good about it once I actually do lose my weight! But, we're going to have the band forever, not just for 6 months ya know? If I start gaining any weight back, or eating poorly, etc. then I'm going to make an appointment to go see the surgeon & dietician! I think you should do the same! And, just like dionna113 said, if you stay at the "sweet spot" you should be full all of the time, etc!

well congrats! that is just awesome! i can't wait to be there!!!

I was banded on April 21, 2008. I have had two fills and am now really feeling restricted. I now have occational acid-reflux and even vomit if I eat more then 3/4 cup of food. Is this out of the ordinary? Is this how the "sweet spot" feels. I'm confused and wonder if I need to have some of the fill taken out? What do you guys think?

Hi, I am going to be banded in about 2 weeks. I am so excited, but also a little nervous. I am afraid I will be starving before I get my first fill. Does anyone have any suggestions of good mushy food that I will be able to eat that will be satisfing? Please give me some ideas. And from what I am reading, you need to be on liquids the week before your surgery????? My doctors office has not said anything about that.

Patti: every doctor is different. I have to be on liquids for 2 weeks before surgery. They had me buy these shakes. :/ I start them this coming Monday. It's to lose weight so that my liver shrinks. It's suppose to make sure the surgery is laprascopic (or a better chance atleast). But, if your doctor hasn't said anything about being on a liquid diet, then I'm sure you're not suppose to and I'm sure that's fine! You should feel lucky heheh. Are you suppose to lose any weight at all before surgery? a lot of doctors do like 2% of your body weight and you can lose it any way you want. I'm getting banded in almost 3 weeks, right around the same time as you!! we'll have to keep in touch and see how each other is doing!

Congratulations on your awesome weight loss :wink2: I hope to report wonderful numbers like you as well. I was banded 4/23 and have lost 40 pounds. I am looking forward to another 9 pounds per month hopefully.

Hi, I am going to be banded in about 2 weeks. I am so excited, but also a little nervous. I am afraid I will be starving before I get my first fill. Does anyone have any suggestions of good mushy food that I will be able to eat that will be satisfing? Please give me some ideas. And from what I am reading, you need to be on liquids the week before your surgery????? My doctors office has not said anything about that.

I didn't have to do a pre-op diet. I just don't eat the day before which is tomorrow :wink2: Like they said everyone is different just follow the instructions your surgeon gives you...