Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breakfast trouble

Hi all,

I'm hoping for a bit of advice. I'm 7 weeks out of surgery...lost 12 lbs the first to weeks and then stopped losing completely. Then had my first fill about 2 weeks ago and lost 6 lbs in like 4 days and I've been at the same weight since.

I have a feeling that it's due to the fact that I'm having a really hard time eating anything in the mornings. I just have absolutely no appetite. I've never really been a Breakfast person, but I know I should be getting atleast 60g of Protein a day. They also say that it's best to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to kick start your metabolism. I've tried it all...protein shakes (I'm so disgusted with them), slimfast shakes, eggs....I can't even get down a cup of yogurt or a cheese stick. I'm just grossed out. I can't explain the feeling.

And then noon comes around and I'm starving. I do get in most of my fluids through just plain Water and sometimes crystal light. But I'm really struggling here and not losing! It's been almost 2 months since surgery and only an 18 lb loss. I see others losing SO much more and it's so frustrating. I do have a little restriction already but I definitely need alot more. I'm just aggravated...:thumbup:

Any suggestions anyone? Anything would be appreciated...thanks for listening to my rant.

try a Protein shake, get that metabolism going. if you dont want that, even a glass of milk will get you something. i normally couldnt do solids in the morning anyway. sip on a shake when you get to work or something.

good luck

try sugar free carnation mixed with 2 cups of milk...it's like 21 grams of Protein i think

Have you thought about skipping the breakfast foods and going for the lunch or dinner foods? That's what I've done and it makes me so much more satisfied that I eat less at lunchtime.

I just have a Luna Protein Bar for breakfast. I also can't eat a lot at 7:00 in the morning. This usually holds me till lunch. I like the idea of skipping the breakfast food and going for lunch food. Maybe some coldcuts or cheese slices? Where is it written in stone that we must have certain foods at certain times of the day?

I have half a can of lemon pepper bumblebee tuna for breakfast most mornings... it gives me the Protein, fills me up, and it tastes good. Of course, it is probably considered more of a lunch item.... I've never been a breakfast food person really.. except for biscuits and gravy, pancakes, and all that stuff that got me fat in the first place, and of course, there's no way I can eat that anymore. lol.

I have always had trouble making myself eat breakfast. Now it's even harder because I have no appetite. I have actually been sitting here this morning thinking that I really need to at least drink a shake, but I just am NOT feeling it this morning. I know I have to get in calories and Protein, but I am experiencing non-hunger and am actually quite enjoying it. Just wanted to say that you are not alone in your feelings

Hi:

I've had issues with breakfast too. Not because of the food, but because I want to drink coffee in the morning. I drink coffee (2 to 3 cups) from 7:30 a.m. until about 10:00 a.m. Then, I wait about an hour and have something to eat. It's usually something easy like some crackers with cheese, or yogurt, or a granola bar. Then, I don't have lunch until around 3 o'clock or so.

This has been working for me.

Best wishes to you to find something that will work for you.

I don't recall if you've mentioned whether you are exercising or not. I think that's the key to my success in the past year. I've actually grown to love exercising - especially my trikke.

Take care.

Sue

Hey you

Congrats on your weight loss journey!

I cannot eat at all in the morning. From waking my band is extremely tight from sleeping flat. this lasts up untill about 12 - 1 pm when i can then eat. The doc has said that is is normal for some people, due to sleeping flat and the build up of saliva in the stomach, (wee one), I find that as the day goes on I can eat more. so my main meal is my Dinner/ supper, and a med lunch.

I always have a large cup of tea coffee in the morning as I find the heat helps the liquid to go down.

Hope this helps!!

Jen xx