Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

new, no surgery yet, is it hard to do?

I've got a few pre-surgery appts. Scheduled, i am a little scared that i might not be able to do this successfully. I love to eat, i love the taste of food. Do any of you have the same problem. How do you deal with it. Please let me know,I'M Nervous

you have to be ready for it. i LOVE to eat. i was banded 2 months ago and don't regret a bit. i was a bad coke drinker. i think that was the hardest but you get over it. remember nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. lol. if you are ready to commit go for it

I've got a few pre-surgery appts. Scheduled, i am a little scared that i might not be able to do this successfully. I love to eat, i love the taste of food. Do any of you have the same problem. How do you deal with it. Please let me know,I'M Nervous

Yes, most of us can identify with the love and comfort of food. We have all been there, and probably will always struggle, however, for me the lapband has lessened that desire, especially with the amount. I am a slow loser but a consistent loser. I was unsure, scared, hesitant, desperate, and the feelings go on and on. However, I wanted to feel healthy and be able to get some kind of control over this weight issue. I had tried so many different things. The lapband has helped me personally to get a better perspective on my eating habits. Does the lapband take away my desires, control my weight gain, stop my bad habits, no…however the band gives me incentive to keep trying, to not feel like a constant failure, to limit my amount, to shrink to a weight that lessens my hunger, to improve my health, etc. Is the lapband a cure all, NO, but it's a tool. As for me it's been a successful tool. It's taken me almost two years to lose 75 pounds and I need to lose at least 40 more, but I see the possibility now, something I had totally given up on. So go into this as informed and realistically as possible. Find a good surgeon, mine was Dr. Enoch and he was great for me. We, who relate to you totally, wish you the best in your decision and your weight lost. Initially the band took a good month to feel truly feel good. The first week was a bit tough but manageable, each week after better and better. Prepare to lose slowly, but I feel that losing this way has been more long term in the end. So far continue to lose a pound at a time, sometime, 1/4 or 1/2 in a month, but it's better than continually gaining. Keep Smiling

Vickie from Morrisville, NC

nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. lol.

I love that line. I'm going to write on a card and place in on my refrigerator as a reminder before I eat.:wink2:

Test out the post opt diet for a week in cutting your carbs down to 40. I found that the taste of food just isn't the same, for I too loved to eat. So far, I have lost 15lbs. and kept it off for the past three months. Prior to the low carb diet, I could not lose more than 10lbs. I am currently waiting waiting for my surgery date.:)

Edited by Gloria S