Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

feeling full?

I am waiting for a surgery date to get the LAP-BAND. I am anxious about not feeling full. I have had this awareness for years that I need to feel full. Anyone out there to ease my anxiety?

I also never felt full and didn't trust at all that the Lap-band would make me feel any different. I am only two weeks post-op but immediately after surgery felt full in a very different way than I ever had before. Now I get hungry, but I notice that my stomach growls when I am truly hungry whereas when I'm just emotionally hungry I forget after a few minutes and there is no growling. It has really made me much more aware of how much emotional eating I was doing and how to read and trust my own body. Good luck on your journey -- I am thankful every day!

Hey! I'm only two weeks post post also (like Magi) and what I've noticed is that food is sitting on my stomach forever and I don't feel as hungry. It does make you more aware of what you're eating.

But the thing that I have read is that it can be different for everybody. My Dr put the smallest possible band on my stomach. His reasoning? He said I had a small stomach! I would've never guessed that considering how much I can eat. You can ask your doc to put on a small band, I think. Hmm, I wonder about that...He said that I have the restriction of someone with a few fills already! I LOVE it!!!

Guest j. lynn

I am waiting for a surgery date to get the LAP-BAND. I am anxious about not feeling full. I have had this awareness for years that I need to feel full. Anyone out there to ease my anxiety?

Full = not hungry.

Yes, once you're properly restricted (it can take 3-5 fills to get there), you should feel full (ie: not hungry) after eating a bandster portion (2-4 ounces of Protein and 1/4-1/2 cup of veggies).

Trust me. I haven't lost as much weight as I have and been starving all the time.

jayme

I also never felt full and didn't trust at all that the Lap-band would make me feel any different. I am only two weeks post-op but immediately after surgery felt full in a very different way than I ever had before. Now I get hungry, but I notice that my stomach growls when I am truly hungry whereas when I'm just emotionally hungry I forget after a few minutes and there is no growling. It has really made me much more aware of how much emotional eating I was doing and how to read and trust my own body. Good luck on your journey -- I am thankful every day!

This is exactly how I would describe how I feel since banding!!! The band deffinatly has made me aware of everything I put in my mouth and lots of times when I would use to eat just to eat... I don't anymore!!! Love my band!!!

thank you Jayme Lynn for the reply. It is very reassuring to hear your expereince. I have another question if you or anyone else can help...I have osteo-arthritis in both of my knees. I keep hearing that the pain will subside with the weight loss. I am in so much pain every day...I can't understand...even though I know I have 150 pounds to loss...It will be a miracle...anyone out there get knee pain relief from weight loss?

Ann Bo

Annbo.....I was banded one month ago yesterday and have already lost 40 pounds and YES it helps knee pain! I still have about 175 more to lose but even with the 40 gone it has made a world of difference! I had polio when I was a baby and my doctor had told me it was just a matter of time before I was full-time in a wheelchair. That was my wakeup call! I have arthritis in both knees and in my left foot and have experienced horrible pain for a long time. Just walking a little while was nearly more than I could stand. I'm not gonna say it's a miracle and no more pain cause if I walk a lot it still hurts but not like before! I know that it's just going to get better and better for me and that wheelchair is a long, long time a coming! This band is the best thing I have ever done for myself! This little piece of plastic and rubber has given me a whole new hope for the future! Good luck and God's speed to you on this wonderful journey we're all on! Becky

Guest j. lynn

thank you Jayme Lynn for the reply. It is very reassuring to hear your expereince. I have another question if you or anyone else can help...I have osteo-arthritis in both of my knees. I keep hearing that the pain will subside with the weight loss. I am in so much pain every day...I can't understand...even though I know I have 150 pounds to loss...It will be a miracle...anyone out there get knee pain relief from weight loss?

Ann Bo

I would imagine that you would. Of course, it depends on why you have the pain. If the pain is strictly cause you're overweight, then yes. But if there was a knee injury that made your knee hurt in the first place, then the pain might not totally go away.

I have to imagine though that at least some of the pain would go away.

jayme

Thank you Becky in Texas. You give me more hope and confidence. I am anxious and excited to have the Lap-Band inserted.

Ann Bo