Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone, my screenname is DiverJewel...I used to post on here alot! I live in Indiana. I have had the Band for 3 years August. I lost 100 lbs. 1 year ago, I became really sick with a Blood disorder I had and had to be on Steriods and have the band completely reversed. ( I am only 35) well.....I have gained back 35 lbs (I dont think that bad, I have heard of worse, right>?) but after 1 year finally my oncologist has given me the greenlight to have liquid put back into my band. I know now that I can not do this without the support of other "banders" no one I know understands.

so I am back. looking forward to hearing all your stories....by the way after you give up bread for 2 yrs....even when your band is no longer your secure tool.....your brain still wont let you eat it. I can not eat bread even now......sweets, Oh Yeah!!!!!!! but not bread. it makes me feel sick, funny huh? I thought you all would like to know...that your brain is changing, or for those of you who are yet to be banded....even if you dont realize your brain is changing what foods you want. it is....

thanks.....Jewel (Griffith Indiana) By the way has any one seen a person by the screen name Serendipity (Jaime) on here ever???? I missed her. she lives in my area I met her at the lap band classes.....would love to hear from her. Thanks everyone.....Good luck. and God Bless

Welcome back. I know you know this is a wonderful place full of wonderful, helpful people. I'm sure you will get back on track with your fills. Also, good to know about the bread thing :teeth_smile:)

Thanks Julie! I appreciate you taking the time to say that....that is why I came back everyone was so supportive and wonderful.

Congrats on your progress I would love to see 150lbs!

LOL

Welcome Back. I hope that your first fill does well for you. I am currently going thru the steps to be banded and this site has provide a ton of information and I have found comfort in others that are going thru the same thing as me. Good luck and Welcome back!!!!

Welcome back. Sorry to hear you had such a tying time with your blood disorder. I am glad that you are better. I think you will do fine. I understand what you said about you changing. I can't stand bread anymore. Not even my favorite bread...Italian. The closest thing to bread I like at all is biscuts. I don't get them often. I have seen Serendipity post a couple of times when I was on here just reading and researching be I joined. But haven't seen her in a while. Good luck and hope to see you post alot.

hey! and welcome back! I am also from INDIANA! I just joined this site a few weeks ago. I've been going through all of my appointments and such. I'm getting banded with Dr. McEwen in Fishers. My appointment is for the 18th or 19th of August. I find out my for sure date tomorrow, when I go in to meet with the surgeon and I also have my psychiatrist appointment! We'll have to help each other! Sorry to hear about your blood disorder though.. hopefully everything starts getting better! :teeth_smile:

Glad you are doing better! I think you did great only gaining 35 lbs. I swear I can gain that much in 2 days ! :teeth_smile: