Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will it slip off?

Guest maxnbrickcity

Guest maxnbrickcity

I have my band now for one month now and have had several times when I felt as if I needed to vomit....but I held it down for fear of pain and making the band slip off. after the fact I feel so horrible at least for a couple of hours. what happens if you do vomit or for example get a sickness that makes you vomit. Does it hurt and will my band slip off?

I have thrown up a few times a week! Mine hasn't slipped that I know of. I still have restriction! But it is better to try to avoid it at all cost. I hate throwing up!

Throwin up is NOT good for the band, an occassional vomit is expected. If you are throwing up more then once a week you are at higher risk of slippage is what I was told by my Dr.

If you are thrwoing up more then once a week from a PB then it is possible your band is too tight or you are not chewing your food enough or taking to big of a bite. Try to avoid PBing or vomiting, if it is vomiting from an illness , they have suppositories to help with that but if it is vomiting from food getting stuck ( PB) , that is not a good thing for your band. I have been banded 13 months and have PBed 5 times and had the flu oncewhere I vomited. So far my band is fine and no slippage.

It will not slip off, it will slip down and when it does , one of the sypmptoms of it is not being able to keep any liquids or solids down without vomiting. SOme have had slippage with out this symptom. When you go for your fills, if your doctor uses flouro, he can tel if your band has slipped.

Ok so I had surgery on Friday and this morning Tuesday I felt really hungry and I was fixing the kids pancakes on a stick and I ate one. Now I am very worried that I may have slipped my band. I feel awful. There is tightness in my chest and lower stomach area and i am very worried that it could be slippage. It could also be gas which seems to build up. I have a doc appointment tomorrow but I am very worried today.

Ok so I had surgery on Friday and this morning Tuesday I felt really hungry and I was fixing the kids pancakes on a stick and I ate one. Now I am very worried that I may have slipped my band. I feel awful. There is tightness in my chest and lower stomach area and i am very worried that it could be slippage. It could also be gas which seems to build up. I have a doc appointment tomorrow but I am very worried today.

Chances are you did not cause a slip. BUT, a pancake is a likely food to get stuck. Are you allowed solids yet? I don't ask from an accusatory stand-point, every doctor's orders are different. But pancakes are something I still have trouble with, they are just so dense. The density can explain the tightness in your chest.

Any doughy food like that seems to reform upon swallowing, even if small bites are taken, then sit like a lump for a time.

I was lucky that I did not have children to feed...I can't imagine that. I was so hungry during the immediate post-op period that I'd have eaten my dog if he didn't move faster than I could. ;)

But seriously, take it very easy today, and tomorrow when you see your doc, tell him how hungry you are -- maybe you'll be able to add some better choices to your diet.