Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banders 6 mo. and up..I have a question.

Was there ever a point when you felt your band wasnt working anymore? When did it start? 2 fills? 3? Thank you:wub: I feel like I have been at a plateau for awhile now.... Will that change with my 3rd fill?? I am at 5 1/2 ccs in a 10 cc band....Help please.

Edited by JanaBanana

I have had that feeling...that the band is not working. I've been at the same weight - give or take 3 pounds - for over a month. The prooblem is not the band though, it's me.

I do feel full after small meals. I stay physically full for several hours after I eat.

BUT - I eat when I am not hungry - that's my real problem. If I only ate when I was physically hungry I would not have needed the band.

So, it's back to counting calories for me. DailyPlate.com is great.

5 cc in a 10 cc band isn't all that much. Plateaus are common, and I got off my last one by upping my exercise to 15 miles per day on my bike, from 10.

My husband just had his fifth fill, so he has 8.6 in his 10 cc band. He had been on a plateau for six months, even with two fills during that time. It has only been with this latest fill that he is feeling restriction and starting to lose again.

You really haven't given much information. How long has your weight plateau'd? Are you able to eat nearly normal portions of meat and vegetables? Or are you restricted and overdoing it on soft, easy foods? That is what would determine if you need another fill or not.

Edited by snowbird

I have felt that the band was not working... But then after a lot of truthful soul searching, I realized that it was not the band. It was me. The choices in food that I was making weren't what they should be, and my exercise wasn't enough. I have been told many times by other LBT'ers that the band on does about 15-20% of the work, and the rest is up to you and I. That is soooo true! Its hard but we just have to control the habits that got us here in the first place. Be patient, communicate with your doctor and nurses, and maybe try another fill. :teeth_smile:

yes, I am 19 months out and i htink i have gotten all i can from the band. Its filled to the max and I have very little restriction. I can eat whatever i want. I'm not gaining since I exercise a lot and still eat bandster portions. I went for another fill and they couldn't put anymore in. If it's dry meat or something like that i can feel restriction or if i take a drink right after i eat it shocks me that it gets stuck. i don't know if I'm just desensitized from the full feeling or what. But I think the band has done all it can do and will just hlep me maintain. I'm working my behind off for the rest!