Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I made it over Halfway Hill!!

This little hurdle means alot more than I figured it would, I almost feel teary. I guess it is just comfort in knowing that I have gotten this far and the end is at least in sight and I didn't exactly feel this way when I started.

On the downside, my skin is really starting to hang, especially my stomach and arms. I knew that I would probably need a Tummy Tuck eventually but didn't figure the rest of my body would be this way. It is scary to think what it will be like 50 more pounds from now. It is a really good thing that the cooler weather isn't too far off because I am not going to want to bare these bat wings too terribly much longer!!

Congrats Melanie!! That's such a big mile stone. I know I'm looking forward to mine but it's still a couple months off. Really is weird how different our bodies are underneath all of our padding. Hoping all of our loose skin tightens up.

Congrats Melanie! You are doing an amazing job!! Just think of how far you've come in less than 6 months!! And don't worry about the loose skin...just focus on how great are doing and how good you look!! Keep it up, girl!!:tt2:

good morning,

i was looking for information on skin elasticity issues connected with weight loss and found the following site. perhaps there's something interesting for you there. i have not (for 43 years) been interested or concerned with "lotions and potions." perhaps that's a contributing factor to why i allowed my weight to get so out of control. at any rate, when i began my band journey, one of the things that the nutritionist recommended was including things in my diet (Water and vitamins/minerals) that were good for the skin and hair from the INSIDE. one of the things the psychiatrist recommended (yes, mine was actually good for something...) was including behaviors that were good for the skin from the OUTSIDE, like buying the "better brands" of body wash, pampering one's self by bathing rathr than showering (funny how much nicer that seems when one can actually fit in the tub...) and using lotion REGULARLY (and ALL over).

so for a change, i started doing what they said. i drink all the Water and take my vitamins/minerals--nothing special there, just the chewable stuff for "older" folks :), and EVERY DAY i use moisturizer (I use Nivea skin firming moisturizer--i love the scent. i also use "Burt's Bees" body lotion--but my husband really likes that one, so i have to be careful. (which is another nice change...)

anyway, see if the information at this site gives you any insight or help. hope it does... The Myth of Loose Skin

I saw this site when I was researching it too. While I do understand a big part of what he's saying, basicially that loose skin is just fat left to lose, I just can't believe it. I'd sure like to see some before and after pictures of people who have lost large amounts of weight and have no loose skin without surgery. I searched all over his site for some proof and can't find any. I guess I just can't wrap my head about it being possible to lose 100, 200, 300 pounds and not have loose skin.

Congrats Melanie! You are doing so well!

I also can't imagine losing large amounts of weight and not having lose skin. My stomach is ok so far, but my gyn told me that he thinks the pannus will be an issue soon. My arms and legs are bad. I've lost a LOT on my upper arms and thighs. I hope I can tighten it up, but I don't know.

Yahooo!!! It is wonderful to be on the down hill slide. Good luck girls!!!!

I am hoping for good luck with skin issues myself.

Yayyyyyyyy!! I'm so happy for you for reaching your halfway goal!! And dont' worry too much about the loose skin.. I knew going into this I'd probably have a pannus or baggy skin, but having that is so much nicer than having all the extra weight on our bodies... my friends firmed up after about a year.. so, maybe that could happen to those of us who have the baggy skin too.. again, congrats girl!! :lol: