Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello from Raleigh NC

I am scheduled for my lap band Aug 20 2008. I am very unsure as to whether I have maid the right choice or not. I'm afraid I won't feel full and not lose weight. I have joined here for support....to figure out if I am going to go thru it or not. I have read some of the threads and it seems people have a lot to say when it is negative feedback and not so much to say in the positive. I will keep an open mind as I learn how to navigate thru the threads. Good luck to all and may you reach your goals.

Hello there!!!

I have to tell you that I have had my band since April 16th and this has been the easiest thing that I have EVER done to help me lose weight. I have been blessed not to have had some of the negative things happen to me and I have learned that this is a very powerful tool!! You will learn that too, I promise that you will not regret your decision to do this for yourself. The only thing that I have discovered for myself is this, any form of greasy or oily food just sits there and does not move and that is not comfortable for me. But other than that, I have been able to eat anything that I want and enjoy doing so. I eat much less that I ever have and I have lost 30 pounds!! I am right on track, as per my Doctor and he is most pleased with my results and the progress that I am making.

Keep looking for the positive and you will find it!!! :smile2:

Keep the faith and you will be fine!!! :ohmy:

I will remember you in my prayers.

I used to live in Greensboro. I am scheduled for the Band at the end of August also. You are reading my mind. I have met so many people where I work who have had it and some have done great, but a few have gained more weight. I think they should have just had fills more often, but I asked my doc who's done about half of the people in Tampa FL who are banded and he just looks at me kinda crazy and says that that is why you get the band. So you won't feel hungry. It's supposed to make losing weight easier.

After reading here I'm concerned that I'll be hungry. That I'll continue to focus on food and I really don't want to feel like I'm starving. I need to lose the weight.

Sweet Bunie

Thank you so much for the encouragement. This is truly the first positive posting I have found. I wish you continued success.

dj5

Edited by dj5
New to blogs

Though I am anxious about the post surgical success, I don't feel like we have much choice. The bypass is way too drastic and I have seen people gain weight on it, also. Let's continue to look for the positive and own it.

DJ5,

I will hope for you the sucess that you desire.

Let me tell you that as a food junkie, I did nothing but think of food and when I was going to get my next "fix". For me now that I have the band, I am learning to think on other things and I have found a new world out there where I can enjoy food for the pelasure it gives and then leave it alone. For the first time in my life I am able to say no to something and not cry. I have managed to bring home a doggie bag and not eat it on the way home!! I actually sabved it for lunch the next day!! All of this is because I have learned not to focus on food. This will sound unbelieveable, but I have actually forgotten to eat a meal!!! I was so busy enjoying my time that I looked up at the time and realized that lunch time had passed!! That was a sign for me that I have broken free of the compulsive food addiction that I had. I am not saying that will happen for you, but for me I am finally in control and I have been learning to make better decisions about what I put into my body and how much of it I do put in. For the first time that I can remember, I am enjoying the fact that I had something to eat for the sheer joy of the taste of it and not how much of it I got to eat. That has been what worked for me. I can eat what I want. I just do not eat that much of it. I hope to continue this for the rest of my life and enjoy the good health that comes with losing 125 pounds!!

My best to you my friend,:smile2:

Nancy