Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Freaking out

The count down begins I go for my pre op appt today at 1:30 and the hosp is suppose to call and go over the plans and time for my Gall bladder Sugery.

I have been sick to my stomach for the last 3 days. Hurts to sit (sorry)

Anyway I have drank enough Baby Percy to stop up an elephant and it's still not working. I also have stomach cramps not to mention the feeling of wanting to run and hide. I know I have to have this done but I hate above anything the whole pre op procedure, does that make sense. I could just cry now I am feel so sick to my stomach about the whole thing. I know when I look back and read this it's going to be funny that I even had these feelings.

Wish me luck I am going to try and keep myself busy so I do not have to think about it.

I planted snapdragons and Russian Sage around the border of our yard yesterday just to keep me busy. I figured if the panic Attack does not do me in the the allergies will.

sorry to be so glum but I guess my body is going into panic mode

Awwww, I know it is always awful to have to have surgery. I am glad you are staying busy! I had my gallbladder out in 92 and I was in the door of the hospital and home in 7 hours. I was the first patient that hospital let go home the same day. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, just really sore for a while.

Maybe you can go shopping and stay busy that way. Or, just keep coming on her and talking all the time. :):):D

go shopping

Great idea Betty! This always gets MY mind off of whats bothering me!

Im praying for ya...

Prayers for a peacful spirit and a sense of calm about you as you prepare. Go get that ole nasty messed up gall baldder taken out of you so you can be whole and healthy again! You will feel SOOO much better. God Bless you!

Thank you all.. I have kept quite busy here.

My friend made homemade meatloaf and mash potaoes so would at least eat a good meal.. And of course being on LBT has passed my time. So with out anything else I am off to my appt.

Good luck, Mary -- hope all goes well for you. Let us know how you're doing.

Shucks, I'd let them take my gallbladder if I knew it meant they wouldn't want yours. Sucks being anxious, but how cute are you to plant Snapdragons? See if the doc will put your gallbladder in a jar for you. Decorate your hospital room with crepe' paper. Ask the nurse's station to page you. Bring lollypops for the whole staff. Try to have fun with it to keep yourself from cracking up, and it will all be over before you know it. Peace & good luck to you.

You will do fine, but yes, it sux. Valium?

Of course, just think on the positive side. At least you aren't too sick to be freaked out, right?

AWWW.....Poor dear. I hope that you've been able to calm yourself, and I'll pray that everything goes smooth as silk for you.

Many blessings to you, sweet girl!

Mary, it will be over before you know it, hang in there and I wish you a speedy recovery, Hey I hear when a person gets their gallbladder removed they lose weight

so that is something possitve out of this whole thing :(

Thank you all very much Im feeling better for now.

Gained 4.1 lbs that was upsetting but over all my doc assured me that it should all work up fine and they will give me something as soon as they can to stop me from having a panic attack..

Nothing like running down the hall with your Iv bottle and your booty flopping from side to side looking for the exit. :(

Mary, it will be over before you know it, hang in there and I wish you a speedy recovery, Hey I hear when a person gets their gallbladder removed they lose weight

so that is something possitve out of this whole thing :(

I had my gall bladder out in 1997. I apperently didn't get that memo Michelle. Doh!

I was so relieved after my gall bladder surgery. I was in horrible pain from my gall bladder and had not been able to keep food down for months without getting violently ill every night. Nothing and I mean NOTHING would touch the pain. After my day surgery I was on cloud nine to have no pain and to eat what I wanted without getting sick...you will feel so much better afterwards and won't miss that gall bladder one bit. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

See you all I am off. Humm Lose more weight after its gone. We will see hopefully that is the 4.1 lbs that I gained..