Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No more fast foods!!!!

Its been 7 months being banded and yeah I was extreamly motovated at first but soon lost track.its so much easier to eat junk then it is to eat healthy. Why is that? But today is a new day . No more taco bell, wendys, pollo tropical. No more fast foods. Lol

Hey there Latina - don't give up - never ever... but DO try your best to replace that junk food with healthier alternatives for sure. After a while being away from it makes it easier to avoid too,. And here's a great motivator - have you ever heard of ShrinkYourself.com? (I don't work for the company and am not endorsing it in any way other than to say how well it worked for me) I totally stumbled onto it earlier this year and it was a Godsend for me - it is really helping me to deal with the emotional eating and explaning WHY I always reach for junkfood of every kind. It's really interesting to get to the source of it and it really REALLY helps me stay on track when it would be easiest to let emotional eating and overeating completely take over. Hitting the drive through is just WAY too easy but this is helping me get better control over myself. I'm being banded on August 20th so right now I'm having the farewell tour of all of my favorites, in the larger quantities that I love, but come the 11th when I hit pre-op diet mode I plan to dedicate myself TO myself and becoming the best I can be. I know you can too - hang in there - and please feel free to just drop me a PM if you EVER just need to vent! Here for you!!

Stace:biggrin2:

You don't necessarily have to give them up for good, I certainly haven't. Before I was banded, my family and I would eat fast food 4-5 times a week :ohmy: ... now maybe it's once or twice and I just "modify" my order (yeah the people taking the order get pissy with me but oh well)

Last time we went to Taco Bell, I ordered an all beef burrito and asked them to keep the tortilla and just dump the insides into a bowl. (They were extremely confused by this and it took them 3 times to get it right :))

When we go to Wendy's I get chili (double check for fingers :frown: LOL)

Any other burger place I either get chicken nuggets or a burger and just remove the bun.

So it's possible to eat fast food with the fam and not feel left out :lol:

Hey Blue - that is fantastic advice! We don't have to completely stop eating those yummy things - that was one thing I wanted to be very certain of before deciding on the lapband surgery.I definitely want to eat healthier but that doesn't mean I'm not ever going to eat anything deep fried again... or ice creamy... or chocolatey... uh oh, making myself crave!! But it just won't be as much or as often anymore... But to go without completely isn't living the life I need to so having the ability to still treat and enjoy and Celebrate with food is a wonderful opportunity. :thumbup:

It's going to be great!

Exactly! Going back to that last time I was at Taco Bell (waiting on these people to get my tortilla-less burrito right :thumbup:) I was standing there looking up at the menu and talking to my Mom telling her that pre-band I would order a meal and then get a couple tacos on the side and this & that etc ... and it just amazed me that now I couldn't even eat that much if I tried which is a GOOD thing! I love my band ... by far the BEST thing I've ever done for myself :lol:

But yeah definitely don't deprive yourself of your favorite things ... moderation is the key!

See that's where it end for me. I have a really short temper and if they get pissy oh believe I will too. My husbend and family hate ordering food for me or with me because I'm so picky. Well I guess I can't have my cake and eat it to.

You don't necessarily have to give them up for good, I certainly haven't. Before I was banded, my family and I would eat fast food 4-5 times a week :tt2: ... now maybe it's once or twice and I just "modify" my order (yeah the people taking the order get pissy with me but oh well)

Last time we went to Taco Bell, I ordered an all beef burrito and asked them to keep the tortilla and just dump the insides into a bowl. (They were extremely confused by this and it took them 3 times to get it right :biggrin:)

When we go to Wendy's I get chili (double check for fingers :svengo: LOL)

Any other burger place I either get chicken nuggets or a burger and just remove the bun.

So it's possible to eat fast food with the fam and not feel left out :lol:

You bet Bloo!!! I can't wait for the experience of feeling content with less - that is truly gonna make my day!

Thanks for the inspiration!!

:biggrin2:

I think mines is more mental because if it take me and hour to eat a big mac ill sit for an hour and eat it. I've forced so much food down that I think I have have screwed up my band. Now I'm starting to realize that maybe it wast the best thing to do and I should start really working with my band and no aginst it.but thank for the advise I will deffinatly try that .

Exactly! Going back to that last time I was at Taco Bell (waiting on these people to get my tortilla-less burrito right :biggrin:) I was standing there looking up at the menu and talking to my Mom telling her that pre-band I would order a meal and then get a couple tacos on the side and this & that etc ... and it just amazed me that now I couldn't even eat that much if I tried which is a GOOD thing! I love my band ... by far the BEST thing I've ever done for myself :svengo:

But yeah definitely don't deprive yourself of your favorite things ... moderation is the key!

NEVER give up!! I too eat some fast food. But not like I did pre-band. Not often, but I don't deny myself it either :biggrin: