Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill in arkansas

Guest jeannieka

Guest jeannieka

i had my surgery by dr ortiz and am disappointed to know that the FREE fills are not so free not only do you have to pay for the flouroscopy $100. but you the transportation i understood would be covered--- cost $65.00 one-way! I am seriously thinking of having my fill here. Do Doctors here (in the u.s.)do floroscopy and if so where, i will be glad to go out of state but the crossing the border, plane tickets, and hotel, transportation is adding up to a lot! Does anyone recommend a doctor whom if great!

You might find one locally who has a good price. I'm afraid you might also be dissappointed. My local doc charges 550-600 for a flouro fill. That's each fill. It's 200 for non-flouro.

So I'm doing the math...from NC to TJ Mexico plane fare is 300? maybe, transportation $50, flouro fee $70, misc $30 that's 450 buckaroos and the time it takes to get there and back for the day. hmmm, I might stick with Mexico if I need flouro.

My band health seems okay and my port feels great so I'll probably stay local and do the $200 non-flouro fill.

I did lots of research before I left for Mexico so I was aware of the flouro lab fee (70 for Dr Kuri) and that the cost of transportation to and from the airport was NOT covered for fills (only the surgery comes with cab service) plus the airfare, of course. I'm sorry you are dissappointed. I'm afraid you might be better off sticking with Ortiz for fills unless someone else knows of a nearby doc who 1)will see you and 2)doesn't charge an arm and a leg for cash pay flouro fills.

The big rule on LBT is don't go to Mexico unless you have your local after-care lined up. Nice of me to tell you that now, right? I'm sorry. I'm sure you will find a local doc, but the Ortiz prices are probably better.

Plus, you don't have to spend $65 on the one way transportation. If I end up going to TJ for a fill, I plan to see if someone here wants to meet me and share some transportation costs, and I even heard they have a trolley/bus/train? Or perhaps a city bus to the border from the airport, then cross the border, then catch a cab there to the DR office...a little less direct but less expensive, perhaps, especially if you are sharing with someone.

Just some ideas. I wish you the best!!!

I also had my surgery with Dr. Ortiz. PLEASE go get your very first fill there. I live close so I went for my first. There were people there that got first fills elsewhere without fluoro and didn't get good ones and were back with him after all to get it right. I also know someone who went to another doctor to get first fill and she got 2cc and couldn't drink Water, so he removed 1.5cc and left her with just .5cc. she has no restriction and paid several hundred for it. She is thinking of scheduling to see Dr. Martinez (Dr. Ortiz office) in 3weeks. I may take it to get her fill. She is from Ohio.

I highly recommend him.

My first fill was 1.5cc and I feel good restriction. I got to watch it on the fluoroscope and it looked like an hourglass.

Good luck with you decision!

Susie