Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi there,

I had my operation on Saturday 19th July and am at home recuperating. Professor Nadey Hakim of Harley Street conducted the operation and everything seems to be going well so far. Is there anyone else from London or from the UK that wants to say hi?

thanks so much,

Lesley

Thanks for the email Catherine. I feel okay - just a bit lightheaded. Been told by the Doctor I can only be on liquids for next two weeks - taken this week off work but already getting worried about next week. How are you feeling?

Have taken it very slow. I have taken this week off, but I am self employed and am playing it by ear as far as next week is concerned. I have been sleeping a lot and as I don't know what to expect been very anxious about liquids etc. I also have two weeks liquid diet, but am surprised at how easy things are going down. just went for walk for first time and felt bit breathless by the end of it.

I too am taking it very slowly. Been staying with my parents and going for a walk every day. Am feeling slightly less sore each day but suffering from shoulder pain today. I am surprised at how well the liquids are going down but nervous about moving on to solid food. Am going to see the Doctor on Saturday to assess progress.

I havn't told anyone that I have had the operation, so I am in a bit of a vacumn here. The shoulder pain is very odd. I woke up with it this morning but it left as soon as I had something to drink. I have also put on 3lb since the op! But I was warned this might happen as the glycogen stores settled. I am also retaining Water. Have you had this experience? It's very odd as we must be taking in a very low calorific value.

I am not retaining Water yet but I fully expect to be doing so soon! I slept so much better last night though and finally feel like I have a bit more energy. How are you feeling?

Hi I'm not in the uk but a scot, living in geneva, who is going to belgium in september to have the op....How did it go nd how do you feel now?

Feel much better. Though still taking it slow. Plan to take a walk today and mooch at the shops. How are you finding restriction/ Cannot feel any but I am taking things gently as it is still all very unknown. I find if I drink too fast I end up with terrible gas which in turn leads to the terrible ain in the left shoulder. Grim subject matter I know but these things have taken on a significance of their own at the moment. Glad to hear you are doing well.

Catherine

I too have horrific shoulder pain today in the left side. just awful - just left a message for my doctor as not sure what to do about it. Had a much better night's sleep last night and just had (very slowly) an ice lolly for lunch. What kind of food are you eating?

With regards to weight loss, I basically need to half what I am now and lose around 65kg.

I too have horrific shoulder pain today in the left side. just awful - just left a message for my doctor as not sure what to do about it. Had a much better night's sleep last night and just had (very slowly) an ice lolly for lunch. What kind of food are you eating?

With regards to weight loss, I basically need to half what I am now and lose around 65kg.

I have just bought some deflateine, which appears to be working on the wind problem and hence the shoulder ache. I am trying to get my milk quota with a caffe latte evry day and I am mainly drinking slim fast and various Soups - Heinz, covent garden, fresh own brands. I also have miso Soup and low calorie hot chocolate if I feel thirsty or peckish. The thing I may be failing on is taking in all the liquid required 3.5/ 2.5 litres. Am going to try and be better today.

It sounds as if you have a very hands on doctor. I went with the Hospital Group who despite all the criticism I see on here are not bad, but not as attentive as your team I think.

Catherine

I have just bought some deflateine, which appears to be working on the wind problem and hence the shoulder ache. I am trying to get my milk quota with a caffe latte evry day and I am mainly drinking slim fast and various Soups - Heinz, covent garden, fresh own brands. I also have miso Soup and low calorie hot chocolate if I feel thirsty or peckish. The thing I may be failing on is taking in all the liquid required 3.5/ 2.5 litres. Am going to try and be better today.

It sounds as if you have a very hands on doctor. I went with the Hospital Group who despite all the criticism I see on here are not bad, but not as attentive as your team I think.

Catherine

Oh good idea - might go and get some today then. I didn't realise there was a required liquid quota. Guess my Doctor isn't as good then! I didn't know if I could have Covent Garden soups but I might go and buy some today then. I was drinking Protein shakes, clear broth and juice. Miso is a good idea too. Have been going for a small walk every day but feeling quite useless being at home.

I had the pea and mint Soup as it is completely liquid without 'bits', and its yummy too. I think that every doctor is different, that certainly is what I have been told to aim for although it seems a lot. I am quite enjoying the break. I have a very stressful job and I am enjoying not having to think about it. I have also been told I can have smoothies which is what I think I will have for Breakfast when I start back at work.

I had the pea and mint Soup as it is completely liquid without 'bits', and its yummy too. I think that every doctor is different, that certainly is what I have been told to aim for although it seems a lot. I am quite enjoying the break. I have a very stressful job and I am enjoying not having to think about it. I have also been told I can have smoothies which is what I think I will have for breakfast when I start back at work.

that's so weird. I have that very soup in my fridge right now. How much have you been able to drink of it? My Doctor just came back to me and said the shoulder pain is normal - it's to do with trapped wind - and the best thing is to walk around and take some paracetamol (liquid calpol 6+) if it still hurts. I've been making Protein shake smoothies with orange juice and spirutein. A friend of my dad's who has lost 175lb since being banded said Protein shakes were a complete lifesaver. I too have a stressful job and the break is definitely welcome.