Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay Seriously how much do you eat?

But if you don't measure what you eat, aren't you afraid of stretching your pouch (especially during the healing phase)?

According to my Dr its not so easy to stretch the pouch. It would take eating to the point of throwing up and then eating on top of that. And it actually hurts to eat too much, too. You'll pretty much know when you're done! And after about 20 minutes the food begins to move through the pounch anyway creating more room. Which is why I always stop before I reach the 20 minute mark :thumbup:

I eat more like a cup at a sitting and now I've finished losing that's about 1800 calories a day with a snack or two, and milk for coffee, a glass of wine at night etc. When I was losing I ate about 1500 a day.

I eat a portion about the size of my palm . I cut up my meat into tiny pieces and have a few veggies. In the morning I eat about 3/4 C of

Kashi Crunch Cereal. Sometimes for lunch I will eat a Protein bar just because I love them. The ones from costco, I only eat half of one because they are big. The Atkins Nougat ones I eat all of it.

There is no way I would just eat 1/4 of a cup of food. That's just nuts.

Well, I feel better bc I def eat more than 1/4c. Generally for Breakfast I measure out 3/4c kashi go lean (lots protein) and mix it with just 2 tbsp of fat free yogurt...yumyum...I usually have a few bites left over...lunch though I can eat more prob about 2c and the same for dinner.....if I eat bread it hurts and sometimes I throw up.....so I dont eat bread....I havent lost anything in 2 weeks.....I want a fill but dont want a fill.......not sure which way to go.....

Looks like you're loosing at at good rate. You don't want too much restriction all at once. Your body will get used to it and you'll have no where to go.

I was banded one week ago, so I just came off my full liquids yesterday. I still drink my shakes, but I feel like I'm grazing like every 3 hours. I can hold the entire 8oz shake. Now that I'm onto mushy food, I can hold about 3oz of mashed whatever for about 4 hrs. Thanks for posing this question bc I do get hungry. A friend of mine who had it a yr ago said she didn't even feel hungry for like the first month. I've lost 15 lbs so far but I want to make sure that I'm not setting myself up for failure down the road.

Thanks to all of you for your insight.

I am at my sweet spot and a normal day for me is

8 am 1 egg

10am 1 wedge laughing cow lite with 1 slice of lunch meat

1pm 1/2 a sanwich .. about 1/3 way through I take the bread off too full to eat it

5 pm dinner 1 oz meat and 1/4 cup veggies

8 pm 1/2 a fat free pudding cup

The responses just show that we are all different; I don't think 1/4 cup is a hard and fast rule that works for everyone.

I have good restriction and generally eat 1/2 to 1 cup of food at a time. It depends on the composition of the food and the time of day. I eat the least at Breakfast. I have a soft stop -- hiccuping -- and that's when I'm full. If I eat too quickly, the hiccup doesn't happen, I get pain and then possibly sliming or PBing. So I learned to enjoy my food, take small bites & chew thoroughly. I don't measure everything anymore, but I did at the beginning.

Just after surgery and before any fills I could eat just about as much as I could have before surgery. It wasn't until my 5th fill that I had enough restriction to limit my intake. Now I am lucky if I can eat a cup of food, it varies from day to day and really from hour to hour.

Remember, the band isn't really the band until it is giving you restriction. It was designed to be filled. I have heard the analogy that it is like tires. If you don't put air in your tires, you can't drive with them. If you don't fill your band, you aren't really getting the benefit of it.

I had my fifth fill on friday. The doc suprised me by saying he was going to put .6cc this time. I thought it would be too much, plus I was seeing him at 6pm. Thought I would get a fill in the pm as we all know we are much tighter in the ams. My problem is I am so hungry and can eat just about anything at night. So my fill was just right. I can start losing weight again (I've been at the same weight for a year now, gained some too) The best part about this last fill is that my appetite is GONE! And I do feel full with very little food, I had to stop eating 1/2 way through a cup of yogurt. Basically I have to just do liquids in the am, but if I have no appetite, that is no problem! I am so happy now that my appetite does not control me.