Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help anyone? Please!

im one wk post op and im still in pain especially on my left side it really hurts bad when i breath or move also i have this burning sensation in my chest like really bad heartburn its happens randomly throughout the day im still on the liquid diet till wednesday when i go for my 1st esophogram im really nervous could there be something wrong could my band have slipped im not nauseous or vomiting just in pain any advice im wondering if it was a mistake to put the band on what if something is wrong any advice would be great thank you so much :crying::frown::eek::confused2:

I am post op 5 days. I experienced a lot of what you are going through early on. I started taking lactaid with every "meal", gas-ex every night and I am walking all the time. I have found that the only way to really alleviate the pain is to walk. Also make sure you are not drinking too fast. I hope this helps.

I am post op 5 days. I experienced a lot of what you are going through early on. I started taking lactaid with every "meal", gas-ex every night and I am walking all the time. I have found that the only way to really alleviate the pain is to walk. Also make sure you are not drinking too fast. I hope this helps.

thanks but thats what's scaring me im doing all that i take gas x and mylanta and im walking all the time even on the treadmill when i cant go outside cause its almost 100 degrees here but that pain on my left side is scaring me im thinking the worst like maybe it's my appendix or something is obstructed i dont know maybe im being paranoid thanks 4 the advice though hope all is well with you

Take it easy on the treadmill. I too walked on the treadmill, but only 1-2 minutes a day (if that) until I felt the gas going away. If you feel the pain is not from the port healing, call your dr. It's better to be safe that sorry. Good Luck!!

Hang in there, Choppie; it will get better. I sure felt discomfort more on my left side than anyplace else. You can comfort yourself that it is probably not appendix because the appendix is on the right side and it is very unusual for it to be anywhere else. Call your doctor; this is just the kind of question that they can answer and give you some peace of mind. You'll be o.k.

Hi, I am one week post opt. I had my surgery the same day as you. I havent experienced any pain like yours, but i did have a lil gas. I would suggest you walk and take some priolsec. My surgeon is also out of New York, Dr. Bessler out of Columbia Pres. He has prescribed me liquid codene which really help me thru my pain. My pain alleviated on the third day, and I am doing great! I didn't have a burning sensation, but I did have pain in my chest and I soon realized it was gas. I didnt take my gas medicine because as I went for a walk it went away. Try walking at a slow pace and when u get home drink some peppermint tea(very slow) and see if that helps you. I hope you feel better!

weight.png

thank 4 all the info guys glad my appendix is on my right! lol im schedule for my 1st checkup on wenesday so hopefully all my questions will b answered then by my Dr.im gonna try the tea and prilosec to see if it helps ill keep u guys posted

I am a post op patient for 3 years with a revision done approximately 2 years ago after the band slipped. I went through a lot of what your going through. Make sure you follow your diet closely, don't drink with your meals. The first 4-6 months after surgery are the hardest and you will have all kinds of new pains. Call your doctor and ask the staff, trust me you aren't the only one with the same problems. I don't regret at all having the surgery, it gave me my life back and I lost over 100#s. Good luck!

I am a post op patient for 3 years with a revision done approximately 2 years ago after the band slipped. I went through a lot of what your going through. Make sure you follow your diet closely, don't drink with your meals. The first 4-6 months after surgery are the hardest and you will have all kinds of new pains. Call your doctor and ask the staff, trust me you aren't the only one with the same problems. I don't regret at all having the surgery, it gave me my life back and I lost over 100#s. Good luck!

carolynmarie

thank u so much for your encouraging words at 1st i didnt regret the surgery and i dont think i do yet its just i got so nervous thinking maybe i did something im only on fluids right now but i though maybe i was drinking to fast cause i didnt have heartburn the 1st couple of days then all of a sudden it was like wow what is this so i got scared that maybe i drank to fast and my band slipped congrats on your weight loss i hope to one day be there also! can u tell me what were the signs that your band slipped thanks!

Really,your band won't slip at this point. Slipped bands come from too much fill and throwing up constantly.

I am sure you will feel a little better every day. I am glad you are seeing your dr. wed. . You should ask every question you have. You could start writing them down if you're afraid you'll forget to ask something.

You would know if your band slipped. At this stage in the game for you it is not anything for you to worry about. If you begin to throw up after eating which did happen to me because of the position of the band initially, then worry. A slipped band caused me to have a lot of pain, because I had a small hernia and it was pressing on it, I thought I was having a heart attack. I saw my surgeon immediately and they did surgery right away to reposition it. I am a rare case. Even with everything that happened I don't regret a moment.

You would know if your band slipped. At this stage in the game for you it is not anything for you to worry about. If you begin to throw up after eating which did happen to me because of the position of the band initially, then worry. A slipped band caused me to have a lot of pain, because I had a small hernia and it was pressing on it, I thought I was having a heart attack. I saw my surgeon immediately and they did surgery right away to reposition it. I am a rare case. Even with everything that happened I don't regret a moment.

thank you so much i do feel better today and im glad im going to the Dr. tomorrow i appreciate all the info u have given me ill keep u posted on my journey as i hope u will keep me posted on your's !!!!!

Edited by choopie