Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can already see...

I can already see what kind of journey this is going to be. On top of the approval proccess itself being stressful and frustrating, I think i got one of those Physicians...you know those ones who refuse to believe that WLS should never be an option unless your on your death bed... Yea those are the ones, they really dont understand. So after seeing him he kind of pawns me off onto this bariatric doctor in the same facility that i have an appointment with today and reassures me that she is going to say the same thing. Uggghhh!!! So i will take in my weight watchers journals and everything else i can dig up and feed her the same life story i already fed my PCP. Lets see how this turns out. The 6 month diet required by bcbstx is looking like a real GO-er. Have any of you ever been in the same situation and have had success? hope seems as if its thousands of miles away.

The six months goes by fast. It may not seem the way but it really does, plus it allows you to fully understand the commitment you are about to make. I can say meeting with the doctor for six months did get me prepared to think and eat a certain way that's conducive to the band. It will be all good at the end. Good luck!

I think you'll be surprised at the the Bariatic Doctor says, they do this surgery all the time. You should be glad for the referral. I remember once I had a very painful knee and my GP recommended everything under the sun ( working out more, working out less, PT,pain medicine) I went to a knee surgeon and had it fixed the next week. They will be able to help you - might take a little work on your part to make the surgery safe- but it's worth it in the long run.

Word of advice- Just do what your doctor requires of you. I read on here all the time where the doctor required 2 weeks of a liquid diet to get your liver size down but the person got so excited that they started the diet a month out. That is a lonnng time to be on a liquid diet so they cheat. Well duh, It's not like we are known for our willpower! lol

UPDATE:

So i went to see the bariatric doctor today and when she became suddenly unavailable (btw what kind of practice is this... suddenly unavailable?) They scheduled me with another doctor, which i requested who just might be my new PCP. He seemed a little bit more concerned about situation than my previous PCP. He actually supported my decision and offered information and even referred me to a good friend of his who happens to be a bariatric surgeon. He also agreed to write a letter of medical neccesity as soon as my blood work comes in. Things happen for a reason and that couldnt have been more clear today. thanx for the encouragement guys.:biggrin: