Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best/Worst things about being Banded?

My surgeon (and it seems like many of them, but not all of them) make you do a 2 week pre-opt liquid only diet to shrink your liver. Thats pretty hard because you watch everyone else eat, and your not. :crying:

Then post-opt your on 2 weeks of full liquids, 2 weeks of pureed foods, and 2 weeks of soft foods before you get back to eating "small meals" of regular foods. Everyone around me painted this oh, this is great picture but never mentioned you have to get threw this hard part! :eek: I think once you do it's all good after that if you follow the lapband rules you will loose.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Best: Being healthier. Wearing smaller clothes. Being able to tie my own shoes. Playing with my kids! Not being tired all the time. Great sex. Feeling Great About Myself...and owning It!

Worse: Being Too Tight - Sliming is truly nasty!!! It's a learning process too - you have to re-learn how to chew. Learn what you can and cannot eat even if you are at a good restriction. Getting something stuck - damn it hurts!!! That's the only "bad" thing I've had occur.

:thumbup:Hello, how everybody doing my surgery is aug 6.2008.i have started my pre-op 2 days early and everything is going find so far.:crying:

Edited by DLWARE

Hello,

I've done a lot of homework on the band but I don't meet with my Surgeon until the 30th. Why no straws?

Thanks.

Steph

The best thing about my band is losing morbid obesity! I Kinda miss drinking rum & cokes in Belize. I'll return to my little fishing shack on the mighty Sittee River some day. It keeps getting better, not worse. Think I'll get my 1st fill 7/31. It's hard to hike on these 110 degree days. My weight loss is slowing.6 months out 119 pounds lost. Like Yvonne72 gave up coke pre-op. One other thing pre-op, with Doctors O.K. here you can have last Supper. Mine was Prime Rib. I can still eat the prime, veggies & salad. At 4 ozs. a meal. I no longer eat spuds, rice, bread or Pasta. Not really much to give up for a longer quality life. Good Luck to All. Hasta Pronto, George:thumbup:

I've been looking at what the best and worst things will be in deciding to get the band, and I think the thing I'm going to miss most is drinking pop! I don't care what anyone says, I love drinking it. Of course, it's possible that I'm now diabetic and that's making me thirstier. lol

The best thing will of course be losing the weight and taking control of my life. And that overrules any other negatives I can think of.

but I wanted to share what an inspiration you all are.

I'm in the preop weight loss process... and if my scale is correct I've hit it. If my scale is correct, I'm actually 5 pounds under my goal weight. Like one of the previous posters, I get to eat what I want, but not the day before surgery. That is liquid from what I'm told. I'm ok with that.

I too gave up pop already. Really the flavored waters are great. I use a lot of the propel Water additive, but like a lot of people, I use a partial package. It's funny, giving up it all, before I found the flavorings, I lost 12 pounds, and unfortunately that was before my official weigh in.

Teri